Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Prop Repair - NorCal

chathamsolutions

Anyone in the NorCal area (specifically the Bay Area if possible) know of a place to take a bent prop?

Friend bent his the other day and needs to repair it.

Friend? Yeah, right.

Pitchometer Prop. co. 2516 Blanding Av. Alameda, CA 94501 510-522-2616

Call first and get a rough est. (~$100-120 is norm.) Then ship it to them. I've had them repair two and they come back looking like new.

Or,

Delta Sport Boat. Sorry, no other info.

Fortunately it wasn't me. The Resevoir is deeper than I've ever seen it. Last year it was down 100' from where it was yesterday.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah,

I drove by SLR yesterday around 2. The forebay looked ok but, the main body was ripply. I didn't see your boat.

Nope - it wasn't my boat or prop - really :) It was at New Melones and I was 5 hours south east of there.

The good thing about SLR is that it is really big. I'd say every time I've been on that lake there have been parts that were 'ripply' to terrible. But there have always been parts that were glass. When the wind is in the 0 - 10MPH - as stated on their up to the minute 800#, then you can find good water. At least that's been my experience.

We were in Portugues Bay, the far end of the lake, out of site from the road where you passed by Pete. The water was good there - all day. And when we drove out of there onto the main body of the lake at 3:30 the entire lake was glass for about an hour. Shortly after that the wind picked up again though, just as we pulled off.