Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2016 Ford Bronco

Stevo

It would be cool if it came with a Coyote engine.

We have a '74 I think it is stored in the back here at the office, owner's relative's truck. It is a TX truck, body is perfect, needs paint and interior work. Original 302 and 3spd manual. I'm waiting for them to get tired of tripping over it and throw a low ball offer to take it away. Not going to happen, but it would help cure my sickness....

16 hours ago, CumminsBu said:

Heard it's going to have solid axles front and rear. Possible the same axles as the Jeep Wranger is using. 

Gives it more of a fighting chance than the discontinued FJ. Although if it is the Wrangler axles, even the Rubicons, it likely won't come with much more than the 4 cyl EcoBoost from the factory.

That said I do hope it is some sort of solid axle and comes with all the big engine options.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking like 2019 Model Release....along with the Ranger...One will prob be 18' the other 19'

Edited by ConnollyCrew
  • 3 years later...

Just thought it would be fun to bring this back to life I am looking hard a the 2 door.  Plan on spending the $100 to get on the list. 

Full Size 

2 door

2.7 10speed

315/70r17

Beadlock capable 

Badlands or Wildtrak Lux Package

Cyber Orange or Carbonized Gray

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/leaked-2021-ford-bronco-options-decoded-engines-transmissions-gear-ratios-trims-colors-tops-packages-more.1606/

They want to bring back a vehicle from the "muscle days" and only offer little sissy engines in it and no v8 option? Reminds me of the Bronco II, look how well that went for Ford? It would be cool with the Coyote engine in it.

37 minutes ago, MLBurns said:

They want to bring back a vehicle from the "muscle days" and only offer little sissy engines in it and no v8 option? Reminds me of the Bronco II, look how well that went for Ford? It would be cool with the Coyote engine in it.

That is what I thought when I saw it too.  The concepts have looked cool, but ecoboost engines do not inspire the retro motorhead in me.

Everyone who has not owned one calls it Little, unable, not reliable and yet the people who own them and drive them seam to have such a different opinion!   It will fit the package very well. Torque at just under 2,000 rpm and as much H.P. as the V8's. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MLBurns said:

Jeep just teased a Wrangler/Gladiator with the 392... so there is that :)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, gregtay said:

If they sold one with a 5.7 Hemi they would sell a few.  People pay big bucks for the aftermarket conversions, and they are beasts on the trail.

3 hours ago, MLBurns said:

Have you ever even driven one of those "little sissy engines"?  I can't speak to the 2.7 EB, but I can to the 3.5.  And it will out perform a Coyote (or a Chevy 6.2 for that matter).  The only downside is that you lose the exhaust note.

2 hours ago, Sixball said:

Everyone who has not owned one calls it Little, unable, not reliable and yet the people who own them and drive them seam to have such a different opinion!   It will fit the package very well. Torque at just under 2,000 rpm and as much H.P. as the V8's. 

I didn't understand the appeal until we bought one.  I'm still not a Ford fan, but I do like that engine line.

2 hours ago, RyanB said:

Have you ever even driven one of those "little sissy engines"?  I can't speak to the 2.7 EB, but I can to the 3.5.  And it will out perform a Coyote (or a Chevy 6.2 for that matter).  The only downside is that you lose the exhaust note.

I didn't understand the appeal until we bought one.  I'm still not a Ford fan, but I do like that engine line.

I have, also have to call BS on the 6.2 comparison. I have one and can say that a similar geared EB will not outperform. Ford knows this also, that is why in their towing comparison videos they always gave themselves a better towing gear than RAM or GM.

4 hours ago, gregtay said:

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/jeep-ford-broncos-v8-powered-wrangler

10 minutes ago, MLBurns said:

I have, also have to call BS on the 6.2 comparison. I have one and can say that a similar geared EB will not outperform. Ford knows this also, that is why in their towing comparison videos they always gave themselves a better towing gear than RAM or GM.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/jeep-ford-broncos-v8-powered-wrangler

My wife and I both have the 392 in our daily drivers and I can't say enough good things about that motor.  I would have loved it in my JK.  People think it's overkill/dangerous for a Wrangler but I don't think so.  The motor has a very smooth power band from bottom to top and for such a big chunk of metal is puts the power down very smoothly and predictably.  Both our cars are AWD... so that likely makes a huge difference and I hope the JL with the 392 is the AWD drivetrain.

6 hours ago, Sixball said:

320HP / 400 torque.  My V8 is 420HP / 460 torque.  As much HP as the V8's?  Maybe some lower end ones...

I would gladly take a 2.7L Ecoboost over the 3.6L Pentestar in my JKU. What a turd that motor is... 

I’d pay for the 392 in a heartbeat. But doing the swap after the fact is BANK!  Like $30k or some craziness. 

Speaking of BANK.... FCA must be making a majority of their profits on Wranglers. What used to be a niche vehicle has become almost ubiquitous... they build aprox 250k annual, a crazy high number by today’s vehicle standards. They have ZERO competition in this segment. And the prices have done nothing but go up... the upper trims are $55k and some over $60k. With a basic lift, wheels, and tires your local Jeep dealer wants RAPTOR money for these things.  Huge profits for FCA

I have long said that the long-awaited Bronco reveal is not really about bringing back a classic... it’s all about eating into FCA’s cash printing business (the Wrangler)  

• Like 3

The old Bronco made 84hp and 151hp in the V8. Come on guys 325hp and 400tq isn't bad at all and it gets like 23mpg. They are saying down the road we may see the 3.0 that make 400hp and 400tq. I will say I really wanted the Coyote also. 

This was made to compete with jeep I think even with that V6 they win that hands down. You want a V8 I'm sure you will be able to do a swap. 

I have a friend that owns a dealership so I'm good on that.

It looks like they did a great job on it aesthetically, managed to get 4 doors on it and not look like a land rover.    It'll be years and years before they are cheap enough to turn into an offroader for around here, so buy a bunch of them to get the future supply up ;)

It looks like a well though out package. It will be interesting to see if it can make money and stay A package with so many options. This thing can be optioned out in so many ways. Looks like it is going to be a very functional vehicle that could give the true off road vehicles a good run!. The original Bronco's were some of the best in its days. Dammer I have owned like 27 of them all years could it be I will own another. Love the package to be able to hose the vehicle out bumper to bumper roof to floor.

I really think this is going to sell very well.  There are a lot of features on these vehicles, both standard and optional, that are much better than the Jeep offerings.  We all know that style acceptance is each individual's preference, but I happen to really like the style of the vehicle.  I'm not sure about the Sport version.  It's simply a glorified escape but it does follow the idea of a family of vehicles to compete with Jeep.  Seems to me that the Sport is rather anemic and I suspect those sales will go to mostly women and / or young couples with small children who want to be part of the "allure" of Bronco ownership.

I'm also very interested to see what the aftermarket is going to do with accessories.  Understanding that Ford is offering so many of them, I'm excited to see what creative minds do with it.  The one disappointment I have is the lack of available manual transmission in anything other than the small 4 banger.  It would seem that offering that in the 2.7 EB would be pretty amazing.  Having that crawler gear would be sweet yet in the same respect, there are a variety of off-road modes in the automatic as well as hill decent control, etc.  

If I could have another vehicle, I would like to have one of these.  

• Like 2

The money some put into some of the loaded side by sides is shocking. One may be able to get into a Bronco for just a little more. And it would be able to be used like any over the road vehicle.

I have never wanted a Ford before, but this Bronco is giving me funny feelings...

Ford really has done a great job with this vehicle. Having the ability to get the premium off-road features without a luxury trim is something no other manufacturer offers. I know a lot of folks scoff at the engine options, but on paper they should be plenty for the vehicle.