Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Perfect pass problems..

I have a 2005 Sunscape, the perfect pass worked fine all of last year....Now the speed is reading incorrectly by ALOT, too slow, showing 15 mph on perfect pass and speedo showing 28 mph. I am not on metric settings, I checked the paddle wheel under the boat also. The perfect pass was ordered with the boat. Does anybody have any ideas?? Frustrated.gif

I did a search on this and did not find anything.

Thanks!

Judy

Have you recently unhooked your battery (maybe for the winter)? My experience with PP was that it had to be dialed in with the speed (calibrated) & that it wouldn't store that if the battery was disconnected. So you'd have to recalibrate after hooking things back up.

Yes the battery was out for the winter , but I should've had that problem last year, I picked-up the boat in August 2004. I checked the manual and didn't see a re-calibration without using the magnets on the course.

Any ideas on that?

Our course is not in the water yet.

All my baselines were retained during the winter, which I was actually surprised by. I had them all written down last fall and was going to restore them this spring because I was sure they would be lost.

Mike

I called perfect pass and spoke to Mark and he said that everything does stay in the perfect pass when the power is disconnected. He faxed me some reset's and gave me his cell number to call on the weekend if we still have problems, extremly NICE AND HELPFULL!!!! Thanks Tracie!

Note you can download the PP manuals from their website. Very helpful even if the descriptions and diagrams aren't that great.

What rpm's are you turning when perfectpass reads 15 and the speedo reads 28?

You can calibrate the speedo on PP, you'll have to do some reading though they change the software/interface too often for me to keep up.

Chris