Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The XTP Won out!

Dare2goBare

Hey crew, as a lot of you know I've been looking for a Titan T3 Tower for over the past year and a half, actually since

I bought my Pearl Edition RTXi. Came close on a few accounts, but it just never clicked for one reason or another!

A few weeks back looking on Malibu's Web, low and behold what did I see, the redesigned XTP tower for the Response TXi.

Well, Things do happen for a reason, my Pearl just wanted to wait I guess...lol..!

So the XTP is now on order from my dealer, Performance Water Sports, ETA not sure....

but here are my additions to come. >> in order of priority.

> Samson Typhoon Spinners, Port and Starboard, Rack configurations TBD.

> Samson Exile 4 x S7HD Speakers, " all Chrome or Black-Chrome Grill, TBD ", XM30.2 Limited Edtion

Harpoon Amp. and possibly a future add on project, the Exile ZLD.

> Samson or Star One Mirror Bracket, leaning towards Samsons Xtreme 3 lens wakeboard tower mirror.

> Barefoot International Super Fly High, is defiantly on my mind........

> Bimini...Over or Under, not sure at all on this one! I'll decide once the Towers on and all setup,

this isn't a priority at this moment.

There where a number of you here on the TMC that where very vocal and instrumental in trying to help me

top my Pearl with the illusive T3, but to no avail! And I would like to thanks you all for your efforts, support,

hackles, jeers etc...lol...., jtrezon, windy1, inlandlaker, holden, punyelroo, dutchmalibu, ndawg12, dfarhood,

just to name a few, if I missed anyone , sorry!

Actually thought Dutch was going give me his when I was barefooting with him this summer in the Netherlands...Nope..:( ....lol....

guess I should have just gone back that night and raped it off his LXi....I don't think he would have even noticed...:Tease3:

So if any of you have suggestions and opinions, and I'm sure some of you will....lol.., please feel free to comment, hackle,

jeer, etc. as I know I can always rely on the Crew to come through with support on how to spend more of my money! Lol....

Hummmmm.....I can see this becoming a loaded Q?....:)

post-20239-0-82306200-1416762514_thumb.j

" Samson or Star One Mirror Bracket, leaning towards Samsons Xtreme 3 lens wakeboard tower mirror"

I have the extreme three piece mirror. Only used for about 14 hours last year and has been in storage since. will let it go for $50 plus shipping. PM me with your email address and Ill take pictures and send if you are interested. Thanks,

Just a vote from a T3 owner (on a RLXI so I'm jealous of your boat) go with an over the top bimini. It's the reason I put a tower ony RLXI, I was tired of ducking so low under the bimini of our previous Malibu.

On the other hand, you will hit your head on the tower speakers. So maybe a low mount bimini will save a few lumps on the head. :-)

I've had my RLXI for 5 years and I still hit my head on my Titan speakers at least twice a season.

• Like 1

Hey Dare, congrats!!! You're going to be very happy with your tower. If you're planning to do a lot of longline barefooting, do order that fly high.... Makes thing so much easier!! Do send pics!

• Like 1

That was my thought, except I was going to take it a step further and suggest it wouldn't be long now until somebody found a garage full of new-old-stock T3 towers. :rofl:

Personally, I think that extreme tower is the perfect compliment for the TXI...especially with the new design to match the windshield.

• Like 2

I had an XTP on both my 04 and 07 RLXi's. Happy with the tower overall. As for Bimini, Under for 04 and over for the 07. IF you need good shade under is the way to go. Over will give you less shade but also fewer moving parts is simpler and sturdier not to mention the more integrated package.

post-9287-0-11474000-1416808558_thumb.jp

post-9287-0-19857900-1416808649_thumb.jp

• Like 1

XTP tower is the way to go . Tower is in perfect shape after 10 years .

I would put the Bimini on the tower and have it mounted to the front hoop for ease of storage and movement in the boat , and make sure you mount the speakers as close to the center is possible or you're going to get your head .

How exactly has the tower been redesigned , ours matches the windshield perfectly and so did the one I've seen up at the dealer on a 2015, only difference I see is mounting points after the windshield .

XTP tower is the way to go . Tower is in perfect shape after 10 years .

I would put the Bimini on the tower and have it mounted to the front hoop for ease of storage and movement in the boat , and make sure you mount the speakers as close to the center is possible or you're going to get your head .

How exactly has the tower been redesigned , ours matches the windshield perfectly and so did the one I've seen up at the dealer on a 2015, only difference I see is mounting points after the windshield .

Looks like the rear leg of the tower has been brought forward to follow the windsheild lines which shortened the side of the windsheild on the TXI

I had an XTP on both my 04 and 07 RLXi's. Happy with the tower overall. As for Bimini, Under for 04 and over for the 07. IF you need good shade under is the way to go. Over will give you less shade but also fewer moving parts is simpler and sturdier not to mention the more integrated package.

I have the over the top Bimini as your 2007 black RLXI & agree, you loose some shade.

But, I also have the Samson Spinning racks dare is talking about purchasing.

I have these mounted to the rear upright with the clamp between the to horozontal forward curves.

1ne is a water ski rack the other a wake/surf rack.

I found the bindings on the top ski rack just clear the bimini. Had to make some adjustments to get it just right.

I suspect dare may have a ski rack & will also have to consider the bondings clearing the tower which make the over the top bimini the only option.

Edited by Andrew63

Wow. ....Thx all for all the good input Crew!

I new I could count on you guys.....lol....

Andrew

You pretty much summed it all up! :)

like you have, was going to place the Spinners between the two horizontal hoop braces on the back hoop, Should look great.

Bimini, though not a first priority, over the top was what I was leaning towards,

yes you looses some shade but gain head clearance, as noted by both you, dihrdskir and Wayne.

Still don't know who actually makes that Bimini?? XTP??

Could you email me a few pics of your tower setup. I'll PM you.

onamission

Speaker placement also a good point, centered more over the engine cover area.

this may in tail only installing two cans....TBD.... Once the Towers on I can mock-up some cardboard cans.

The XTP redesign intails a higher tower, 6' clearance, the side braces have been arched to

match the flow of the TXi windshield. The perfect match and flow in the Towers hoops.

Hey Dutch....

Dead on with the Fly High....going to speaking with JB-FOOT tonight and get some of his input to!

So now thinking back...had I raped your tower that night I would have included the Fly High.....LMAO......

Thx all

So does this mean that a new-old-stock T3 will suddenly be for sale in the classifieds?

Lol....my thought exactly!!......actually from what I've seen.....good luck trying to capture this animal.

Only way is to buy a boat with one on, and swap it out. That's what I was considering as my next game plan

till I saw the XTP.

Didn't even notice the extra 6" when I was looking around there 2015, still 4 cans is going to take up a lot of headroom.

Check out http://www.xtremetowers.com/ , they show http://www.greatlakesboattop.com/ as there custom canvas maker.

Love the way that ours is mounted to the front hoop and can be stored there with a cover.

Mirror need to be a http://www.ptmedge.com/ .

What about an anchor light also?

Edited by onamission
  • Like 1

Nice tower Dare. I am a big fan of around the windshield towers and I love the lines and how it matches the windshield curve. Also the flush deck mounts look even better that the titans. vary cool.

• Like 1

Nice tower Dare. I am a big fan of around the windshield towers and I love the lines and how it matches the windshield curve. Also the flush deck mounts look even better that the titans. vary cool.

Thanks Windy

See I guess there was a reason your T3 didn't workout. My Pearl was waiting for the new XTP....LOL...

Thanks again for all the help back then...was much appreciated!! :)

Perfect tower for a Response! Did/do they make them for an 2002 RLX?

Flyride

Your beam is 3.5" narrower then a LXi / TXi, Not sure if they make one for the LX.

Email XTP and see what they have to say!

http://www.xtremetowers.com/

Edited by Dare2goBare

Perfect tower for a Response! Did/do they make them for an 2002 RLX?

No, the only Malibu tower XTP makes is the Response Lxi and TXi tower. There is not enough market for a smaller version to fit the RLX, unless you happen to custom modify one.... :whistle:

How hard is it to modify a tower? Are they steel or aluminum tube?

Aluminium,

I'm thinking all you have to do is cut 3.5" out of the center of both hoops, Place a sleeve inside, weld.....done.

"martinarcher" ???