Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Stern Plug and Power Wedge

Chad R

I have a 2006 VLX with the power wedge and I cannot get the stern plug out due to the bracket that holds the power wedge. I can unscrew it all the way until about two turns left and it hits the bracket and will not come out. I was told by my dealer that I do not need to take out that plug, I only need to take out the center plug. The problem with that is not all the water drains out of the hull. Does anyone have the same problem or ideas on how to get the stern plug out.

I noticed that too... I just leave it in.

Usually I will pull the center plug for the trip home from the lake, and most of the water will come out.

When I get home, I vacumn up the rest.

I have found that if you lower the wedge a bit you can get it out. Then you will have to have someone spin the speedo pickup slowly while you raise the wedge. This works great. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

Chad,

I haven't taken mine out, I just check it to make sure it doesn't come loose.

Any water should come out of your plug next to the drivers seat on the drive home and if you need more you can remove the V-drive plug.

Did you go out over the weekend?

Greg

I have taken out the transom plug on my boat in the fall before I winterize and not one drop of water came out for the past 2 seasons. This year I'll pull just the bilge plug and call it a day. Raise and lower the bow all the way just to make sure all the water gets out and dryvac.

• 3 weeks later...

My dealer ground down the corners on 2 of the opposite sides just enough to clear. Take it out every trip for the ride home. Just FYI