Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What size Board?

Guest M@LIBU

Guest M@LIBU

Im trying to figure out what size board would be right for me. 6'1 200lb/Intermediate. Freeride, wake to wake, good pop and forgiving is pretty much all im looking for. Thanks for your input!

You could ride either one but IMHO when in doubt go with the longer board. Bigger boards tend to land a little softer.

142 or 143 definitely!!! Bigger board means: ride is higher on the water,easier to get it off the wake and up up and away!!

I'm 5'9 160 and ride a 139..

Surprised.gif

Im trying to figure out what size board would be right for me. 6'1 200lb/Intermediate. Freeride, wake to wake, good pop and forgiving is pretty much all im looking for. Thanks for your input!

I am about the same size (6'2 195lb) and I'm riding a 142 Murray.

im 6'2ish and 180, and i am still loving my liquid force team 139. More than enough pop for me. Really quick in the water.

• 2 weeks later...

The bigger board is the safe bet. BUT, a shorter board to me seems a bit more fun. Shorter boards have less swing weight and are easier to spin. Also, I don't know if you are doing Heelside Front Flips, but for me, that trick is about a million times better with a shorter board.

I think either board will support your body fine. The 143 will be more stable, and secure feeling. The 139 might be a little more responsive feeling. But honestly, I don't think that it is a big enough difference to make a HUGE factor. You will notice a slight difference, but it won't be night or day. Of course if you can demo the boards, that would be ideal. I am 5'10 185 lbs and I ride a 136.