Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Blower Issues!

I can't seem to figure out why the blower won't turn off on my brother's 97Echelon /320 monsoon. It keeps running while the engine is turned on. We have it at a shop right now and they say that the computer is telling the blower to run, and they will just hard wire it to the switch. Before they do that I would like to get some input on this. Can the computer be messed up like that? The boat has 270hrs on it so it is barely used.

What does the computer have to do with it? It should be hooked up to an on/off switch via the dash and have no 'computer' interaction. Did that blower get replaced or wiring changed? The switch might be bad.

What does the computer have to do with it? It should be hooked up to an on/off switch via the dash and have no 'computer' interaction. Did that blower get replaced or wiring changed? The switch might be bad.

that year boat it was computer controller. blower would come on when the engine was running unders a set rpms (700 maybe??)

The blower is hooked to a switch and when you turn the key on it is supposed to come on. (At least that is the way it is on my 94 Echelon) But this particular blower won't shut off. It does get a little quieter when you turn switch off from on though. Dontknow.gif

I did not know that. Of all my boats I've never had that or seen that. Is there a way you can make it just a switchable on/off blower or do you prefer it to be like it was set up?

That computron always had a few ghosts, i think it was programmed to run below cruising speed or like 1500 or 2000 rpm. Definitly just have them hardwire it to a switch.

Chris

pennery, if the switch is off, does the blower turn off automatically at higher RPM? I've heard some say they liked the auto blower feature--set it and forget it.

NO I don't think it was turning off! My 94 runs with the ignition on (but not the engine) and turns off when you start the engine. But it is also hardwired as well so if I am waiting for someone to put their board on I can flip the switch. My bro's keeps going even with the boat going.

It is only really annoying when you are idling the rest of the time you can't hear it but from what I understand is that this can't be good for the blower either.