Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Happy Memorial Weekend, what are you up to?

gonorth

Hey, the official start of summer is upon us. I'll be headed for northern Wisconsin with the family and bou in toe to chop up some water. I'm expecting 55 degree water or less so the wetsuits are packed. The weather forecast is great, sun, warm, and loaded for a great get away long weekend. I would be there already but my daughter had to work 10's all week and won't get off till 3:30 this afternoon.

Have a safe and fun packed time with your big kids toys!

Wish I was getting out on the water, but we have relatives coming in for the weekend. I will get to go to the Indy 500 though :).

Fri nite - Mavs watcing party at the dock - party b4 during and after

Sat nite - UFC watching at the dock - party b4 during and after then nite surfing

Sun nite - Mavs watching party at the dock - party b4 during and after then nite surfing

Rest of the time party on the lake

You are all invited

Fri nite - Mavs watcing party at the dock - party b4 during and after

Sat nite - UFC watching at the dock - party b4 during and after then nite surfing

Sun nite - Mavs watching party at the dock - party b4 during and after then nite surfing

Rest of the time party on the lake

You are all invited

I guess there will be some new pics in the dock9 gallery??? Innocent.gif

The weekend I have been waiting for since I ordered my new Response had arrived, but didn't go as I planned...

-Rained all weekend.

-When I got to dealer, he had used my trailer to do some deliveries and chipped the paint at a couple of places, broke my safety hook, lost my light plug, damaged my trailer light plug, swapped on of my guide posts with a damaged one, broke safety brake clip, and I bet you I forget some... Mad.gif

-Platform was missing, sent my bro-in-law to pick up, they forgot to give him the pins to lock in place, plus wrong platform (too wide)...

-Missing one bimini plastique sleeve where it mounts on the windshield.

-missing 2 screws to mount mirror

-Had to splice some speaker wires that were too short

-my ground bar broke loose

-my radio hole too small (had to enlarge)

-bow full of water because shrink wrap had been opened, had to dry with a heater for 2 days and had to shampoo because it started to smell...

And on top of everything..... the hull is was damaged by my dealer's fork lift!! Cry.gifMad.gif (see othe post)

Worst long week-end ever...

Dan, glad you had such a great time. Hope you are still talking to that dealer. Well, since you set the low water mark on your side of the border here's to hopeing things go better for all of us on this side now that it's our turn.

Brad, do you think you will have any time for some fun between all those parties? Crazy.gif

Its cold and raining here, the boat is up at home, friends are on vacation, and I work Saturday and Monday....but next weekend I get to take the boat and go camping!!!

I'm sitting in an ER waiting for my 6 y.o.'s gash in the back of her head to be looked at. Hopefully after a stitch or two, we'll be heading for a week at the beach in the morning.

I wish there weren't so many idiots out on these long weekends so I could go out. Most have more beer than sense. Too unsafe for the kiddies, so we'll play in San Francisco this weekend. Lots to do.

Looking out the window now, its looks great. Forcasted to be sunny and close to 90. walking out the door to try to beat the crowd. repeat sunday and monday. everyone have a great memorial day weekend.

Pool party today.

Weather will either keep us here to go to San Luis Res or we may go camp overnight Sunday and ride on San Antonio.

Generally the folks there are so hung over on Monday that the water's fairly good. Got some friends there now, so they'll give us the skinny on whether to head over or not. REALLY want to get on the water this weekend - want to try my brakes again too - thanks Pete.

Since we live in one of the big tourist areas for the NW, we're hunkering down at the house as we always do on a holiday weekend. If the weather gets better on Monday, we may hit the lake in the afternoon. Otherwise, I've got enough to keep me occupied here.

Getting ready for graduation parties (HS and college), getting grad gifts for friends and family, preparing for the onslaught of relatives coming for graduation. It's a good day for that with all of the rain dropping. Maybe we'll get out on the boat and try out the new speakers tomorrow or Monday if it clears up.

Went up to Lake Nottely, Ga today to hang with some friends that have a house. It's a beautiful small mountain lake that on holidays is very crowded. Today was no exception. It was near 90 with very high humidity. With no bimini yet, I felt like a sausage patty after about 4 hours. I packed it up and headed back home about 5. Did not board once.....Towed the kids on a tube..... Yuk.gif

Tomorrow, me and a buddy are going up to the same place that we have been hitting all this week at Lake Lanier next to Bald Ridge Marina. Those of you familar will know that the main body of the lake will be a zoo on a holiday. Fortunately, my buddy's landlord has an EMTPY "upgraded" double wide with ice cold AC and a dock 500 yards from our evening glass area. It's all back behind a marina in a no wake zone so we should get some good water.

Our plan is to be on the water NLT 7:00AM. We should be worn out by 10 so the plan will be to fire up the grill and have some vittles as we watch the beautiful people idle by in their 30-40 footers.....MAJOR BIKINI ALERT. The Wally's (lots of Metrosexuals) that are driving those big boats are still good for a laugh.

You folks be safe.

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Just got home from the #1 Son's graduation from H.S. and we should be on the lake by 8:00 am tomorrow at the latest. BTW dang I'm getting old.

Just got home from the #1 Son's graduation from H.S. and we should be on the lake by 8:00 am tomorrow at the latest. BTW dang I'm getting old.

Congrats. Now comes the college expenses Yahoo.gif

Avoiding amateur weekend #1. Got stuff to do around house. Sis-in-law is up from LA with her 3 month old so lots-o-family stuff.....

Pat

Amateur weekend #2= 4th of July

Amateur weekend #3= Labor Day

The weekend went sour on me Friday afternoon the #2 daughter ended up with an ear infection, probably from boarding Tuesday nite. Anyway she doesn't want to travel 4 hours in the noisy pickup (Just can't appreciate a Cummins). So her and the wife conspire and decide to stay home. Then #1 daughter figures she will stay home too and hang with her friends. OK, so now I am on my own so I figure no sense driveing the truck and pulling up the Bou, I'll get some work accomplished up north. Ha, Sunny and in the 90's all weekend, water is 70 or a little more. Warmest northern Wisconsin water and air temp Memorial weekend I can remember and no Bou along. The lake was busy a couple hours mid day but generally not too bad. Then to make matters even worse the neighbors either bought or had company with a shiney new red Moomba. arg... But they either don't know how or the boat can't do a 180 on a dime. ;-) Looked like they were trying but about all they accomplished were some tight turns.

Avoiding amateur weekend #1. Got stuff to do around house. Sis-in-law is up from LA with her 3 month old so lots-o-family stuff.....

Pat

Amateur weekend #2= 4th of July

Amateur weekend #3= Labor Day

We avoid the lake on holidays also. Yesterday was so nice that I almost had second thoughts. So, we went to the lake in the car to check it out. As soon as we saw the ramp and the docks, we remembered why we don't go out on Amateur Weekend #1, 2 or 3 (as Faceplant409 puts it). We took the kids to the zoo instead.