Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Weeknight Trifecta

Headhunter 2317

Yesterday afternoon about 3:00PM our skies were dark and rainy. I thought that my attempt to be on the water three evenings in a row was shot. My two anxious buddies called me at 4:45PM to tell me that the doppler showed just passing thundershowers.

Watching the clock (which I hate when "other" people do it), at 4:58......I was out of the office like a gunshot.

When we put in at 6:30PM, the water was as still as a pond. All three of us took turns tearing up the glass with the new board. Never saw another boat...... Yahoo.gifYahoo.gif

post-87-1148649773_thumb.jpg

Edited by Headhunter 2317

OK - Now, you're making me jealous... Tease2.gif

One of the best days we've ever had on the lake was when we took a look at the weather radar and got lucky enough to time it so were driving up to the lake just as the thunderstorms passed and the skies turned blue. The entire lake (8 mi x 2 mi) was glass for several hours. My arms were so sore, I couldn't write for 2 days.

Glad you're having that much opportunity to get to the lake this early!

Glad you like the new board.

After three days of it, my arms and shoulders are feeling a little rubbery. We leave again tomorrow morning for a weekend on Lake Nottely, Ga. More of the same but with cookouts and beer.

Summer is here!!!

OK - Now, you're making me jealous... Tease2.gif

One of the best days we've ever had on the lake was when we took a look at the weather radar and got lucky enough to time it so were driving up to the lake just as the thunderstorms passed and the skies turned blue. The entire lake (8 mi x 2 mi) was glass for several hours. My arms were so sore, I couldn't write for 2 days.

Glad you're having that much opportunity to get to the lake this early!

Glad you like the new board.

If you are talking about Caesar's Creek, I hear you. We have been there on weekdays when there is hardly anyone there. Just need to avoid the fishing tournament evenings.

This particular instance was lake Sardis - about an hour south of Memphis. Nothing like an 8 mile ski run on absolute glass...

I have been at Caesars on some pretty cool/rainy evenings and it's been pretty nice, but it's generally pretty crowded.