Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

HO ASX ski

yabetcha

I'm demo'ing a 2004 69" HO ASX with double animal bindings this weekend that a guy will sell to me for $200. Has anyone skied it and how did you like it? Any recommendations from experienced skiers as to whether this combination will be a good one?

I've been using a 70" HO Mach I with adjustable front boot and RTP, so I'm guessing the improvement in boots will be huge, in addition to the upgrade in ski.

I primarily open water ski, but like to try a couple passes on a course each year. Unfortunately my skiing buddies all moved away, so I'm the only one that skies on my boat or I'd probably join the ski club at the local lake.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

The ASX was renamed the Vengeance sometime around 2004/5. I'm on the 69" Vengeance and really like it 6'2", 235. It's basically a slightly wider CDX - one of HO's most preferred top-end skis. I find it very predictable, fairly easy to get up and easy to make it go. I've never skied a Mach 1 so can't make a direct comparison.

A great ski! It skis very similar to my Phantom, just a little slower out of the turn. If you never ski faster than 32 mph, this ski is perfect, even for in the course. The Animal bindings are top end. You may really like the control, but you will hate the comfort. I can only keep my back foot in the thing for three or four passes at a time, then I have to take them off for a while to let the pain subside. My ski pard has the ASX with the Venom bindings which are much more comfortable. I really like to ski on his ski early in the season before moving to my Phantom. For 200 bucks it is a outstanding deal. Heck if you don't want it, I might be interested.

Edited by brazosvet

That's a good combination of ski/bindings for what you want to do. And that is a good price. I still have mine and jump on it once in a while for open water skiing.

The ski carves well and is still pretty quick. Plus the tunnel isn't as deep as the CDX / Phantom so you get a larger spray!!!

Biggrin.gif

The ski carves well and is still pretty quick. Plus the tunnel isn't as deep as the CDX / Phantom so you get a larger spray!!! Biggrin.gif

And, really, isn't a big spray what it's all about? Even WSM gives tips to this end. Crazy.gif

skislut, what's your summer looking like? Let's get together and shred some water.

Edited by VinRLX