Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New owner questions

tws_andrew

We took our new Wakesetter 23 LSV out for the second time today and have a few questions about the ballast and wedge guages. Here are my questions. I will ask the dealer but I have found this site to be very helpful and I am just wondering if others have had any of these issues and if there are easy solutions that don't require a trip to the dealer. I will check my owners manual but it is at the office right now.

First off the guage readings on the front and middle ballast seem flaky. They would read erratically at times.

Second, the mid ballast quit working halfway through the second trip. It reads full and will not empty or fill. Is there a way to reset

Third. I am having issues with the wedge guage and getting the wedge to go up and down as expected. The guy who did the demo mentioned something about toggling the wedge switch when I turn the boat on and off so the guage would have the correct position but I am not completely sure what he meant. It worked most of the time but a few times I could not get it out of the down position without turning off the key.

Last. When surfing we liked the wake with the wedge in the half down position. When doing this each time I would take off I would get the warning that the wedge is going up for a few seconds on takeoff.

If these have been posted about I apologize. I did a quick search and didn't find the answer.

Overall I love the boat. I am coming from an 02 MC xstar(x2). Thanks for your help

We took our new Wakesetter 23 LSV out for the second time today and have a few questions about the ballast and wedge guages. Here are my questions. I will ask the dealer but I have found this site to be very helpful and I am just wondering if others have had any of these issues and if there are easy solutions that don't require a trip to the dealer. I will check my owners manual but it is at the office right now.

First off the guage readings on the front and middle ballast seem flaky. They would read erratically at times.

Second, the mid ballast quit working halfway through the second trip. It reads full and will not empty or fill. Is there a way to reset

Third. I am having issues with the wedge guage and getting the wedge to go up and down as expected. The guy who did the demo mentioned something about toggling the wedge switch when I turn the boat on and off so the guage would have the correct position but I am not completely sure what he meant. It worked most of the time but a few times I could not get it out of the down position without turning off the key.

Last. When surfing we liked the wake with the wedge in the half down position. When doing this each time I would take off I would get the warning that the wedge is going up for a few seconds on takeoff.

If these have been posted about I apologize. I did a quick search and didn't find the answer.

Overall I love the boat. I am coming from an 02 MC xstar(x2). Thanks for your help

Can't answer your questions because I have neither ballast tanks nor a power wedge.

However, reading your post I had a question: What is your manual doing at work? The work you are supposed to be doing should be at work but you, your boat, and everything about the boat should be in the boat ON the water. Summer doesn't last forever you know. Get out there. As far as questions, make sure your laptop has wireless and bring that on the boat too, but ONLY to come back here for knowledge and entertainment.

Baddog has some good points. I too was wondering what your manuals were doing at work, unless of course you were doing some studying up on your boat WHILE AT WORK. Now that makes all the sense in the world.

I don't have an '06 so can't help either.

But welcome to the world of LSV. You're going to love it!

The gauges on the ballast will always be somewhat erratic due to the positioning/starting/stopping of the boat since water is moving around in the tanks.

As far as the mid ballast failing, the only thing I can come up with at the moment since the fill and drain both quit that you should check the breaker panel and see if it needs resetting.

I don't know what the hell your demo guy is talking about as far as 'toggling the wedge switch' but that isn't what you should have to do. First the basics just in case; the wedge will only move full up and full down during movement between 1 and 10 mph. If the wedge is in the full down position, it can move to the half way up position at speeds above 10 mph and vice versa. The warning system of the wedge only comes on during upward travel.....it might detect a very slight amount of travel when you take off. Did it shut off soon after taking off?

Let us know if you need more help or clarification.

I was curious how well these ballast tank guages were gonna work knowing how poorly gas tank gauges work. Not just Bu's but every boat I've ever seen.

And as far as ballast goes, I would never consider anything other than full - thats what its for. I think this "tailoring" the wake with varying the volume is a waste of time. Either fill 'em or not.

Now the power wedge is a different story. I have seen first hand the difference between full down and 1/2 down and it is remarkable. Good thing is its adjustable on the fly - well sorta - so use the guage as a "loose" reference and go with works best for your crew.

Oh and welcome home to the site!