Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Starting the engine

I thought the luxury tax was repealed? Or does CA have their own special one?

They're talking about the California special. :) They get to pay a tax every year for the privilege of owning boat & living in Cali. As I understand it though, there are ways around it.

I thought the luxury tax was repealed? Or does CA have their own special one?

They're talking about the California special. :) They get to pay a tax every year for the privilege of owning boat & living in Cali. As I understand it though, there are ways around it.

We have to pay for the weather. That is the luxury. Biggrin.gif

No offense meant, but why did you ask for advice if you aren't going to listen?

No offence taken. I am listening (reading), digesting, processing this thing out. I called the local Malibu dealer and they won't drain it for me, but they think it would be okay if I fill it up the rest of the way with fresh. From what I read on a few fuel websites that I googled the condensation or water content is the main concern with fuel at this age. I can still add a fuel additive that will reconcile a water issue. I appreciate everyones help. Thanks!

But, this is one of the reasons I did not want a boat. Always something to do on the thing. This is my first boat other then personal watercraft. Actually I don't even want to take the thing anywhere but the wife wants to go. I wish I knew what it was that all you other Malibu Crew people get so pumped up about going on a boat? I am trying but just cant get in to it. What is the secret? KC

But, this is one of the reasons I did not want a boat. Always something to do on the thing. This is my first boat other then personal watercraft. Actually I don't even want to take the thing anywhere but the wife wants to go. I wish I knew what it was that all you other Malibu Crew people get so pumped up about going on a boat? I am trying but just cant get in to it. What is the secret? KC

That's the question you should have thought about before buying a boat, not after. I grew up around boats and skiing/boarding, so for me, I bought a boat so that I didn't have to wait around until someone else needed a 3rd.

Here's my secret to get "into" boating:

1. The look on my daughter's face when I tell her we're going on the boat, even though she isn't old enough to do any water sports. ( 4yo, and CFO is paranoid of her going on a tube or anything ).

2. The feeling of going big on the wakeboard, landing in the flats, and not coming even close to falling.

3. Glass ( need I say more )

4. Watching the rest of my crew enjoying themselves on the water ( skiing,boarding, or just listening to tunes )

5. I'm not at work.

I know there's more, but that seems to be the 5 that come to me off the top of my head.

--Robert

No offence taken. I am listening (reading), digesting, processing this thing out. I called the local Malibu dealer and they won't drain it for me, but they think it would be okay if I fill it up the rest of the way with fresh. From what I read on a few fuel websites that I googled the condensation or water content is the main concern with fuel at this age. I can still add a fuel additive that will reconcile a water issue. I appreciate everyones help. Thanks!

Shocking.gifShocking.gifShocking.gifShocking.gifShocking.gifShocking.gifShocking.gifShocking.gif

The sights, the sounds, the smell of boating. The feeling of scooting across the water. The looks and comments from people who see the boat. Giving it a good washing and then standing back with a beer and marveling in its awesomeness (is that a word?) Laughing at your friends when they try a new trick, sharing in the excitment when someone gets up for the first time, being with friends and family...this list can just go on and on and on...

It was the lanyard. I also hooked up the freak a leak and ran her for a little while. Ran fine. Has a little under half a tank (less than I thought). I opened up the gas cap and it does smell kind of different or "rancid"? Gonna add a very small amount of FI cleaner and new fuel before we go in the morning. KC

Ill see if it starts when I get home. If it starts and sounds fine I am gonna run it.

It was the lanyard. I also hooked up the freak a leak and ran her for a little while. Ran fine. Has a little under half a tank (less than I thought). I opened up the gas cap and it does smell kind of different or "rancid"? Gonna add a very small amount of FI cleaner and new fuel before we go in the morning. KC

I'm not believing this.....must be a joke. Crazy.gif

Some people are boat people and some are not. I can spend 12 hours out on one of my small boats and hate to see the day come to an end. Others, like Mrs. 88, reach their limit after about 2 hours.

Famous Quote:

"A bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work"

I didn't even know you could have a bad day at the lake!!! Shocking.gif

KTC,

I think you should just get rid of that POS. I cant see how it could possibly be worth all that effort. Barely starts. I could take that POS off your hands for you. PM me and we can work on the details. ;)

The boat ran great. Seriously not a hitch. Added 5 hours to it today and the family had a great time. Probably gonna schedule its first oil change and service now. (Shhhh... do tell anyone about the gas deal okay?) Glad we went today and not Saturday. The lake (San Antonio) was really filling up. A ton of cops of all law enforcement variety (Probation Dept. CHP, Sherrif, etc...). Looks like they are going to crack down and make a statement this weekend and try to stop all the bad element from past years. I do not envy their job but sure do appreciate it!

Got one pick from my wife when we were leaving- Oh, .... and I didn't even yawn once!, so maybe I'll be a boater after all? I guess it takes practice? Take care! KC

eed0fc36.jpg

Edited by KTC

Oh my goodness.

Please read:

1/ A flag is not just a piece of cloth.

2/ Football is not just a game. (Or hockey, in Canada.)

3/ Pizza and a video with the family is not just.... food and a movie.

4/ "Happy Father's Day Daddy", is not just a sloppy verse on a Hallmark card.

5/ Music is not just electrical signals sent by the vibrations of the bones of the middle ear to the brain to be processed and interpreted as variations in air pressure.

And lastly, a Malibu is not just a hunk of plastic with a motor.

Get some passion my friend. Life is much better that way. :)

And oh, by the way, a PWC is just a mechanical version of a large mosquito. Shocking.gif

Edited by doughickey
The boat ran great. Seriously not a hitch. Added 5 hours to it today and the family had a great time. Probably gonna schedule its first oil change and service now. (Shhhh... do tell anyone about the gas deal okay?) Glad we went today and not Saturday. The lake (San Antonio) was really filling up. A ton of cops of all law enforcement variety (Probation Dept. CHP, Sherrif, etc...). Looks like they are going to crack down and make a statement this weekend and try to stop all the bad element from past years. I do not envy their job but sure do appreciate it!

Got one pick from my wife when we were leaving- Oh, .... and I didn't even yawn once!, so maybe I'll be a boater after all? I guess it takes practice? Take care! KC

eed0fc36.jpg

Sounds like a move in the addiction direction. Yahoo.gif