Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you like to see in '07?

Ronnie

We haven't done this for the new year model. What would you like to see Malibu put in the '07 line up? New hulls? New accessories? New engine choices? Want to go back to something they have got away from? List your wishes.

Upgrade the speakers in the boat packages. Seems weak that you spend 50+ on the boat, and they put in cheapo speakers (If you order any of their packages). I'm not expecting top of the line, but something better than Kicker's base model would be nice.

For the skiers, an option for the Diamond hull on the Ride series. This is going to sound silly, but on the vdrives an engine tray & gull wings like the 247 has would be a nice addition.

I know this is a pipe dream, but a different location for the stereo would be great. The current location is one of the few things that I think Malibu really does wrong.

Get rid of the HDS!

Better gelcoat options on the RLXi. It's been the same since '03. Time for some new options, like an additional color stripe.

A V drive that isn't so giagantic. The 21LSV is a nice ride, but it's gargantuan. Vride-size diamond-hulled boat would be nice.

A surfing edition with TONS of ballast!!!

I second the thought of a wakesurfing edition with lots of ballast. Maybe no storage in the compartments next to the motor just one 3 foot tall ballast tank!! The boat would have to have more boyancy to hold that much weight but it's doable. And maybe a wedge specifically designed for wakesurfing. What about a hull designed specifically for surfing. Maybe a regular and goofy foot version hulls, and wedges. It's not fun switching the weight to the other side for the goofy's. Ya think I like to surf? And I wonder what that boat would cost you?

A false carpeted wall that comes glued to the hull in the port side ob compartment. This would be used to mount amps and such to it. That is the best place with the most room for bigger amps, I know it is a long shot but it would be nice to have that built in to the boat.

A 20ft boat designed for a family that skiis. The RLxi is too small, the new SLxi is too big. Also a vaccuum formed hull to save on resin and weight but adds strength.

A 20ft boat designed for a family that skiis. The RLxi is too small, the new SLxi is too big. Also a vaccuum formed hull to save on resin and weight but adds strength.

You mean like a "classic" Sunsetter LXi? :)

Absolutely...seems like a no brainer to me.

exactly, except with a vaccuumed hull and a light VW deisel. I want my Lxi with the new stuff, but it needs to be about 500 lbs lighter.

a v8 diesel option

WINNER!!!!!

OMG - Could you imagine wakesurfing behind that... black smoke all round you... yummmm

maybe 5 years ago

A small 20' vdrive with full ballast system below the floor (which is rumored to be coming) complete with special gel graphics to celebrate Malibu's 25th (silver) anniversary.

Keyless ignition, different stereo location, and a return to more classic graphic options in general.