Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Punch a hole in my plan... Docks

Levi900RR

I'd go with the rowboat, but then I like to row. No sense overloading the thing when you can make several trips and get the upper body workout, too.

My wife found this twelve footer on CL for about a hundred or so. It came with a decent trolling motor and battery, too. We use it with oars at the lake for fishing and fun.

20140312_184456.jpg

A buddy of mine built zip lines and a suspension bridge out of old utility poles and hardware from work. Cheap. Next time you see a line crew buy them some beer. Take them out on the boat. Bet they do it for free

75ft is too close to justify getting a motor, but for 400ft, definitely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is NEVER too close to utilize Technology and to Burn Fossil Fuel....Just sayin` :whistle:

• Like 2

Run a cable/rope between the two docks and use the dingy like a crossing raft as they did years ago to cross rivers. It will be easier than paddling, just pull yourself across it.

Run a cable/rope between the two docks and use the dingy like a crossing raft as they did years ago to cross rivers. It will be easier than paddling, just pull yourself across it.

I thought about doing that but the two issues I found are that the rope gets nasty from sitting in the water for the whole summer. You would have to put a lot of tension in it to keep it above water level.. Also i was concerned that some people on the lake (using pedal boats/canoes/fishing boats) might pass between the boat and the shore, getting caught up in the rope...

Yeah I thought about the rope / cable idea as well. I'll still have to move the docks out a few times throughout the summer and I don't want to deal with a rope connecting them. I know I could disconnect it but I'd rather just paddle.

• 1 month later...

it is NEVER too close to utilize Technology and to Burn Fossil Fuel....Just sayin` :whistle:

Actually we have a 7.5HP outboard sitting in the garage, I am pretty sure it is going on the rowboat next summer :salute:

common practice to use a tender on larger boats. What you ar etalking about is exactly how the guy we fished with up in AK had his cabin set up. Except he just ran the little flat bottom up on the beach.

We use to visit a pond to fish that had a flaoting dock "raft" with a cable strung from one side t othe other. It was probably 12x12 and not exactly stable. I'd be leary of going that route especially with a large number of people.

For sure, I've pretty much made up my mind that I'm going to get a 12' row boat which may or may not have a little outboard. I have some friends that keep their boats at the marinas in the bay where I live. It might be fun to take the little boat over there when we are just hanging out on the docks.