Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fiberglass swim platform

stusumm

Has anyone else noticed that Malibu has 2 different height brackets on the fiberglass platforms? My 05 VLX and most other v-drives with the large platforms that I have seen are up out of the water by a good 2 or 3 inches. The brackets on my bu, that attach to the platform itself, not the transom, are lower than others I've seen. It sits even with the water when ballast is empty and just under when ballast is full. I'm not sure if I got the right platform for my boat but it is the larger platform just like all the others. And by the way I am not complaining, I love it. It stays cool and clean.

I noticed the platform angeled up when I picked up my 05 VLX. A number of folks thought it was 'off'. But it looked like it was consistent with lots of other 05's. It sits just about right in the water with ballast full. (I couple inches off the water w/o any ballast) So in the end I decided it was OK for me.

See more pics and discussion Here

I noticed the platform angeled up when I picked up my 05 VLX. A number of folks thought it was 'off'. But it looked like it was consistent with lots of other 05's. It sits just about right in the water with ballast full. (I couple inches off the water w/o any ballast) So in the end I decided it was OK for me.

See more pics and discussion Here

That is exactly how my 05 VLX was. The new one is noticably lower, by as much as 4 or five inches. If I stand on the platform with no ballast in the boat it will be about 2 inches under water. Before everyone jumps in I weigh about 185. :)

The only pic I have of the platform right now is with the boat on the trailer. Notice how mine is barely over the power wedge while the other has several inches of clearance. (thanks Jeff)

post-109-1148420700_thumb.jpg

post-109-1148422068_thumb.jpg

Edited by stusumm

Yep, we got a new one! Now you now why I was at CTWS all the time. Wasn't really planned but things kinda just worked out.

I went snooping around the showroom and saw that some platforms have a taller bracket than others. I'm wondering if the tall brackets are for the wakesetter packages and the shorter for the sunscape lsv. Regardless I think I like the platform being lower....jury is still out with the CFO.

so which one is the new one? right or left?? (cant make out if one on rt. is an lsv), neither is the '05 vlx?

congrats! did you see the yellow & white vlx on the floor? colors look gooood. :)

Left side = 23LSV (new)

Right side = VLX (old, correction, previous boat)

the boat on the right isnt the same one i saw or as in his photo gallery?? was there another interim boat, i wonder ;) ?????

Oops, good call. The one on the right is an '06. He probably found that pic as a comparison to his boat. (Is that Jeffmx's boat?)

Yep, thanks again Jeff. First pic I found in the gallery that had the angle I was looking for.