Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Seat riser

spikew919

This is definitely in the top 5 of the best things I have added to my bu! Very nice 4" seat riser. Wife can now see over the bow easily while driving for me to surf. post-25316-14113512854378_thumb.jpgpost-25316-14113513274744_thumb.jpg<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I added a 2" stainless riser yesterday in preparation for our upcoming season. Think it will be pretty good from the back yard testing and knowing how my seat always felt a little low when towing

Where did you get that seat riser??? Thanks

. Tmsbilletparts, it's realy perfect fit and finish and has a stainless hinge with door on front. You can put wallets or paperwork whatever in there. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it works great for your wife, is it too tall for you? I would like to do the same this winter, but 4" seems like it might put me above the wind screen and I'm only 5'10".

I am 6'0, and had rather be little above the windshield. The windshield redirects the air above you anyway even a couple inches above it, just like the a bug deflector on a truck. Anyway 80% of our time is surfing and now my wife is not sitting up on back of my seat to see over the bow so I'm definitely happy with it. Lol<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it works great for your wife, is it too tall for you? I would like to do the same this winter, but 4" seems like it might put me above the wind screen and I'm only 5'10".

That is the idea in my case. at 6ft it puts me above the windshield, which is where I want to be. My 5ft 2 wife is then at a decent height with the bolster up.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!was it easy to install????

Its super easy. There are a few pictures here:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49982-newer-malibu-seat-riser/?hl=%2Bseat+%2Briser

Just don't do like I did and scratch the seat base with the slider track - the pictures on the ebay ad are my boat.

FWIW, the door on mine is in the back.

Edited by oldjeep
  • 2 weeks later...