Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The official find Lance a 23LSV thread.

Lance B. Johnson

If it is a Taylor's boat it is an EZloader. I have one and have no issues. The guide poles are moveable, they are not fixed. When loading the boat they move out to lessen any hit. I have not had any problems with the trailer.

Certainly looks like their pictures. M2 series maybe?

http://www.ezloader.com/?c=cus

Edited by oldjeep

If it is a Taylor's boat it is an EZloader. I have one and have no issues. The guide poles are moveable, they are not fixed. When loading the boat they move out to lessen any hit. I have not had any problems with the trailer.

I also have an EZloader. The poles actually stick out less than the ones on the boatmate my RLXi was on. I've had no problems with the trailer.

Gotcha. Just curious because there are some 2013s that are under 70. I was just curious. The search continues!!!!!!!!!!

Doc, any links for surfgate boats under $70?

And for the record, I made the mistake of showing my wife your boat on onlyinboards - that didn't help my cause in finding a <$65,000 boat, because now everything pales in comparison.

Boat shopping is harder than I would have guessed...

I will be curious if you get anywhere with Taylor boats. I was ready to buy that 2008 247 from them and they won't give me the time of day. Even stopped by a few weeks back when I was in town for work.

I would think that they would be more responsive, especially this time of year.

I have two boats that I am working on right now. Once I decide which way I am going, I will pass you the info. I think it will be close to fitting your bill.

• Like 1

Doc, any links for surfgate boats under $70?

And for the record, I made the mistake of showing my wife your boat on onlyinboards - that didn't help my cause in finding a <$65,000 boat, because now everything pales in comparison.

Boat shopping is harder than I would have guessed...

I remember seeing a few 2013s on onlyinboards in the past. Honestly I haven't looked recently. Sorry Mike.

Thanks for the kind words on the boat! She is a beauty!

I'm getting the impression wizard lake doesn't have to work very hard to sell boats. Why deal with some crazy dude from oregon right?

You're right they don't. There's a ton of young guys working the oil rigs in Alberta living in camps making crazy amounts of money that walk in and drop the cash. Just the way that market is.

• Like 1

I will be curious if you get anywhere with Taylor boats. I was ready to buy that 2008 247 from them and they won't give me the time of day. Even stopped by a few weeks back when I was in town for work.

I would think that they would be more responsive, especially this time of year.

I have two boats that I am working on right now. Once I decide which way I am going, I will pass you the info. I think it will be close to fitting your bill.

Thanks Ryan,

I didn't try taylor boats. I am just not happy at all with that trailer so its not at the top of my list especially since its priced so high.

Thanks Ryan,

I didn't try taylor boats. I am just not happy at all with that trailer so its not at the top of my list especially since its priced so high.

All the Utah boats have that trailer. I agree, I'm not a fan either. The wheels don't look right... sorta 90's. And the nerf bars are a poor replacement for proper steps.

Why do dealers do this? Just stick with Boatmate. Are they really saving that much?? Edited by IXFE

Since when has Boatmate been the gold standard?

I have had a few different trailers and honestly I am less than impressed with mine thus far. Before I had one I always thought they were great too. But it falls right in line with the other run of the mill trailers I have had. I think the older Extreme trailers, pre buyout , were actually better.

Edited by Bobby Bright

http://www.etcomarine.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=225202&pov=3883704

have you seen this one? Dealer is awesome, I got mine from them. Has big motor not sure about hull. If it is one of their original boats It will be on diamond but worth the check. Talk to chad or earl.

Edit. Just noticed is says sale pending but you never know

Edited by wheelman
  • Like 1

Since when has Boatmate been the gold standard?

I have had a few different trailers and honestly I am less than impressed with mine thus far. Before I had one I always thought they were great too. But it falls right in line with the other run of the mill trailers I have had. I think the older Extreme trailers, pre buyout , were actually better.

Did I say gold standard...?

I dunno, I just think they look better. Isn't that what Ruff is objecting to... the look?

The whole package. Appearance and build. You can't tell a ton from pictures except that lack of structural members makes it light duty. Two things I am picky about: Trailers and interior. I don't ever, ever want trailer isssues.

The Ryan I looked at tonight looks like its built like a tank.

My extreme trailer was actually built well enough and the only issues I had were the UFP parts that were hung on it.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

http://www.etcomarine.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=225202&pov=3883704

have you seen this one? Dealer is awesome, I got mine from them. Has big motor not sure about hull. If it is one of their original boats It will be on diamond but worth the check. Talk to chad or earl.

Edit. Just noticed is says sale pending but you never know

I called on that one awhile back. Some good deals in Cali actually

I tried to buy a used boat from them (etco) before I bought mine. They wouldn't negotiate with me at all. Maybe it was bad timing. In the end, I'm glad they didn't negotiate because I ended up with a new boat from my local dealer for less money.

So far Etco is one of the few that seem responsive....thats a good thing. I have one dealer that won't negotiate and another that has been hard to communicate with. Its like they don't believe I am a serious buyer and will travel a reasonable distance to get the boat I want.

Oh well, no reason to be in a hurry and I am sure one will pop up locally/ semi locally sometime.

Looked at the 247 at NWBS today. Awesome boat really and a good dealer for sure. Just some convincing of the wife needed before I can go down that road.

And really is that surf wave worth an extra 150 per month?

• 3 weeks later...