Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The official find Lance a 23LSV thread.

Lance B. Johnson

Holy crap. I know it was a joke and nobody should buy that thing, but dang. Let's see:

Not an '08 (no MUX)

Not an Illusion tower, much less a G3, but an Aerial cheapo.

Not an XTi nor 22'

"Dynamatted"? Really?

The Polks are DBs, not Momo (or "MoMo" as they call them) and they're not 8"s

etc., etc., etc.

Ahh, popyachts link at the bottom. That explains it.

Anyway LBJ, better luck with this one, looks great in the pic!

• Like 1

Holy crap. I know it was a joke and nobody should buy that thing, but dang. Let's see:

Not an '08 (no MUX)

Not an XTi nor 22'

"Dynamatted"? Really?

etc., etc., etc.

Yeah this guy has no idea what he's talking about

Not an '08 (no MUX)

Not an XTi nor 22'

"Dynamatted"? Really?

etc., etc., etc.

Furthermore, this boat has a lot of things throwing me off.

It's an '07 RLXI. A later one as it has the pockets in the gunnels. It has silver carpet, and silver dash which denotes that it could have been a silver edition hiding under that, but the interior chrome pieces don't say it, they say "Malibu" Also, does anyone notice the complete lack of a ski pylon?

I also like how it's described as "2008 Indmar 383 Hammerhead 6.2L Ski Direct V-drive 4 stroke with polished heads - 400 HP,EFI,MPI "

My brain now hurts after reading that

Edited by edgeski1
  • Like 3

It's an '07 RLXI. A later one as it has the pockets in the gunnels. It has silver carpet, and silver dash which denotes that it could have been a silver edition hiding under that, but the interior chrome pieces don't say it, they say "Malibu" Also, does anyone notice the complete lack of a ski pylon?

I also like how it's described as "2008 Indmar 383 Hammerhead 6.2L Ski Direct V-drive 4 stroke with polished heads - 400 HP,EFI,MPI "

Wow now I am really curious. What the heck is that boat?

If that's a silver edition I'll be exponentially more disappointed. Sure looked like an RLXi to me and the engine description was too much for me to get into. Thanks EdgeSki.

So you picking up that beauty before winter Lance, or are they storing it for you now that some snow has flown?

If that's a silver edition I'll be exponentially more disappointed. Sure looked like an RLXi to me and the engine description was too much for me to get into. Thanks EdgeSki.

So you picking up that beauty before winter Lance, or are they storing it for you now that some snow has flown?

I hope to pick it up next week end. But we haven't signed yet soooooooo I don't want to jinx it. Especially after the Canada boat.

Game changer.

• Like 2

Picked up my boat today. A couple of things:

1. The boat was in as good or better condition then I hoped.

2. I liked the chrystal red mettalic better than I thought I would.

3. The interior colors were better thought out then I first realized from the pics.

4. We towed the first segment of our trip from great falls to missoula. Stopped several times and checked the tire and hub temps. They were all lower then on my vride for some reason. Difference between oil bath vs greased or difference in tires I dunno. But thats good, still got 9 hours to tow.

5. Used LOTS of gas on a little 3 hour tow. But thats what you get when you run a gasser eh? Pretty hilly country and a big pass between the cities. Bigger boat too. :biggrin:

Congrats, LBJ!

Need a tow rig / boat pic!

Picked up my boat today. A couple of things:

1. The boat was in as good or better condition then I hoped.

2. I liked the chrystal red mettalic better than I thought I would.

3. The interior colors were better thought out then I first realized from the pics.

4. We towed the first segment of our trip from great falls to missoula. Stopped several times and checked the tire and hub temps. They were all lower then on my vride for some reason. Difference between oil bath vs greased or difference in tires I dunno. But thats good, still got 9 hours to tow.

5. Used LOTS of gas on a little 3 hour tow. But thats what you get when you run a gasser eh? Pretty hilly country and a big pass between the cities. Bigger boat too. :biggrin:

Yes! We need pics!

I made that similar jump when we had the qx, from the vride to the MB, and holy smokes.... 23 is a much tougher tow. We got 8ish in the mountains.

• Like 1

I knew you guys would want pics but honestly we were pretty rushed. We got there at 10 (opening) I inspected it and we were on the water by 10:30. We ran it through the motions, loaded it and wiped it down. Then the whole crew worked together to double check the trailer, fold the tower and shrink wrap it for the tow. Everyone was on the same page and knew that we were wanting to get on the road.

No time for pics :(

When I get home and unwrap it I will post up some pics for sure.

Had dinner with the previous owners (surfdude and wife) Friday night. These are great people, the kind of people I could spend all day on the boat with. We talked about the boat some and really from what he had to say I knew I didn't have any worries about this boat. This helped a ton.

The only surprise was that it had a Keel protector. Surfdude assured me it was put there as preventitive measure not to cover up damage. I've got no problem with that, Surfdude has zero stake in any of this as he had traded it in to Missouri River Marine.

Missouri River Marine worked hard to get us back on the road in a timely manner and I did get to talk to their lead technician (he demoed the boat for us). The tech was super knowledgeable and we discussed how to limp home if there is any electronic problem with maliview or a failure in the electronic gear selector (shift by wire). He know just what to do.

If anyone cares to know, Missouri River Marine has a really nice inventory of boats if your shopping. Indoor showroom and river access right out the back door. They can have a boat dunked in the water in 5 minutes, no joke.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson