Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The official find Lance a 23LSV thread.

Lance B. Johnson

This one seems nice as long as 400 hours on a 2012 does not bother you, and that the guy misspells Indynar when discussing the engine.

$64.5K seems right to me.

This is the interior you want to avoid?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=31993728&cat=147&lpid=0&search=malibu&ad_cid=8

There are a half a dozen LSV's on the same classifieds.

Edited by TallRedRider
  • Like 1

Haha, so you guys will appreciate this right?

I told my wife, "thats it, lets just forget the Canada boat and focus on one in the states." With the look I got, I knew that we won't be backing out any time soon. She just got a nice little raise and a bonus so that did put me in a better mood about things.

Then I applied some logic, I have another month before roads get really bad so whats the hurry. Also we are getting a pretty good deal (we think) on a boat we really like, and even after transportation fees we will still end up paying slightly less than a US boat. The only cost to us is the PITA factor.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

And now that we have posted the ad for the boat in a thread with 4,588 views so far, I would be worried someone is going to outbid you by $10 and take it.

I'm not sure how hard it is to get this done, buyer has money, seller has boat. Maybe they just don't want your money? I always thought the Canadians were complaining about how much more boats cost to them than us?

And now that we have posted the ad for the boat in a thread with 4,588 views so far, I would be worried someone is going to outbid you by $10 and take it.

I'm not sure how hard it is to get this done, buyer has money, seller has boat. Maybe they just don't want your money? I always thought the Canadians were complaining about how much more boats cost to them than us?

I have money down on the boat.

I have seen Canadians complain about that too and wondered about it. Truth be told this is the least expensive 23LSV with 6.0L that I have seen. And its the one we like the most.

Why do Canadians say boats are cheaper in the US? Thats not what I found with the current exchange rate. Our next best deal on a boat is 2.5K higher in price.

If the transaction takes a really long time, think wizard lake would charge me to store it until spring?

If you don't mind, what is the issue? Been a while since I bought a car from Canada, but at the time it was just a simple wire transfer - same way I bought my boat here.

I think the problem is more my bank than anything. My bank will only send US funds. Because the exchange is always in flux, when my bank sends US funds the amount that the Canadian bank recieves, won't be right.

In addition, our US banks are requiring a lot more documentation then they are used to providing (I think) My bank still has not received all the necessary paperwork from the owners. We have been waiting for a few days on this and not sure why there is a hold up.

I will tell you this. I want to abandon it. My wife doesn't. I am sure we will be talking more tonight. Missouri River marine has Surfdudes old boat that I really like. My wife doesn't like the red panels,(not my fav either. But the Gel colors on that boat are my favorite.

Confused!

Why do Canadians say boats are cheaper in the US? Thats not what I found with the current exchange rate. Our next best deal on a boat is 2.5K higher in price.

Boats are only cheaper in the states for us when our dollar is par or close. For us to buy a u s boat right now we would pay an extra 15% right now than you guys would. It is now favorable for you guys to buy up here. If you guys buy a used truck right now there is a good chance it is fron canada, I deal with one dealer alone, and there is hundreds more that is sending 200 trucks a month to the seattle auction.

Lance, the longer you wait there is a good chance of the boat getting even cheaper for you, forecast this morning was for the Canadian dollar to drop another 5 cents.