Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

The official find Lance a 23LSV thread.

Lance B. Johnson

Lance,

I suspect that most people would have ordered that boat with blue piping, is that what you are trying to avoid? Looks like an awesome boat for sure.

I was OK with blue piping but didn't prefer it. Its the color matched panels that I don't like.

I am ok with the steering wheel...not my favorite. I can tell you all my money will be spent on ballast so steering wheels are at the bottom of my list :lol:

How much ballast do you typically run, and where (forward, aft, side-to-side)?

How much ballast do you typically run, and where (forward, aft, side-to-side)?

I can't comment on that specifically yet for this boat. My 05 vride was pretty slammed with 2450lbs. rear 750, center 500, 325 tube under seat, 450 floor surf side, 450 front surf side.

I anticipate 3k in this boat? I am going to work to make sure it is all hidden.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

I can't comment on that specifically yet for this boat. My 05 vride was pretty slammed with 2450lbs. rear 750, center 500, 325 tube under seat, 450 floor surf side, 450 front surf side.

I anticipate 3k in this boat? I am going to work to make sure it is all hidden.

The long lost 06vlx/Bobby Light could probably get you a good start if you know how to get ahold of him.

• Like 1

It may not look the best, but it is a highly functional wheel IMO. Easy access to the MTC and stereo and I like how I can have my hand anywhere on the sides or top without interference.

They suck if you are used to steering with one finger, not to mention there is absolutely no grip to the grip. It is nice how it doesn't obstruct the panels, but the newer wheel works just as well in that regard.

ahopkins22LSV

They suck if you are used to steering with one finger, not to mention there is absolutely no grip to the grip. It is nice how it doesn't obstruct the panels, but the newer wheel works just as well in that regard.

Mine, and every singe one I have ever driven has had plenty of grip to hang onto. Never had a problem with it slipping... maybe your was cleaned with something that made it slippery by the previous owner? :dontknow:

And when do you drive your boat with one finger? It would be :guns: :sw3: if I saw my driver with only one finger on the wheel.

Mine, and every singe one I have ever driven has had plenty of grip to hang onto. Never had a problem with it slipping... maybe your was cleaned with something that made it slippery by the previous owner? :dontknow:

And when do you drive your boat with one finger?

Most of the time when I spin the boat it is with one finger. Clearly you like the wheel and others must too. The folks I ski with hate those wheels, luckily it is an easy thing to fix if you do.

The long lost 06vlx/Bobby Light could probably get you a good start if you know how to get ahold of him.

We ride with him on occasion when he is in town. I am pretty sure by the next time I will have it dialed though.

I'm with oldjeep: steering wheel choice is very important.

I only drive my boat with my pinky toe.

I love a great steering wheel too. I hope when you finally get a new boat it has a sweet steering wheel :)

Nice boat LBJ!

Edited by DocPhil
  • Like 1

I prefer long over big fat and soft lol.

big fat and firm at 11.8 to 12.2 mph. Firm as a Vegas stripper! I'm talking my 11 you know. Edited by surfdude

If you didn't buy that boat yet, I just posted a pretty unique 23LSV for sale in the classifieds....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1