Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anybody with photoshop skills?

kx250frider617

I would like to see how my boat would look with out the wrap and with the lime green axis logo in the factory location.

The swim platform and bow accent are lime green gel coat and cannot be removed.

09BF1505-4003-49F3-944B-12DDC330059C_zps

51D7A0D2-1294-452F-B1BB-875753AA1D4F_zps

5B3CFB2E-5317-4DCE-94A8-A0BA7BBF4DDA_zps

Or if you have any ideas on adding lime green accents with vinyl wrap.

Thanks

If it was separate stickers, I would have done it a long time ago haha. The whole boat is wrapped in flat white with those logos printed on the vinyl. So it's all or nothing. The good thing right now is the the wrap is protecting the gel coat. It was put on right after it rolled out of the factory.

That's what I was thinking. Getting the axis logo re-made the same way. Then having my registration numbers in the same font.

Does anyone know if it's legal to have two different colors on registration numbers? I'm thinking having them follow the lime green axis logo. Ie: CF in lime green and the rest in black.

That's what I was thinking. Getting the axis logo re-made the same way. Then having my registration numbers in the same font.

Does anyone know if it's legal to have two different colors on registration numbers? I'm thinking having them follow the lime green axis logo. Ie: CF in lime green and the rest in black.

You will have to check with your state specific laws.

Tadah! Here's your version and then if you don't move the Axis logo. Your version looks pretty clean! Get rid of that gigantic LF advertisement.

15137371697_eda13d2fca_c.jpg

15137371447_11e22330f6_c.jpg

Edited by petrie141
  • Like 3

Sweet thanks a lot man. That's exactly what I was looking for. I will certainly update on the progress of removing the vinyl, except it may be awhile before I can get around to it.

I know for a fact that it is all white underneath. I kinda wish it had the standard color lines.

• 2 years later...

+1 to above. I'm sure it would look even better if you had the boat out of the tarp with the tower up.  

Also, there was a thread on the other Axis forum about making the windshield brackets white for an all white boat - looked awesome. 

23 hours ago, kx250frider617 said:

Yep, I had my windshield posts already plastidipped white. I liked it. So I've peeled the plastidip off and I'm going to spray it white in paint. 

I would love to see a picture of your boat on the water after they are white.  

Welp, just got done peeling the white plasti dip off my windshield post and actually painting them white. 

FIY for those thinking of plasti dipping, the stuff peels off very easily. So if you want to change the colors on that textured plastic peice, go at it! 

My problem was was that I towed with the cover on a couple times and it started to peel from the top. I liked the white so much that I decided to make it permanent. 

I will definetley post post some pics when I get the boat out! Sadly, with a new job, I've just been working 24/7.  

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 3/14/2017 at 8:26 PM, kx250frider617 said:

Well, bring up this old thread because I finally got the job done and peeled off all the wrap. For those that were wondering what was underneath..... Here it is!

7F68C2C5-683E-42F1-8F07-DA383A2D3746_zps

C75FD9C3-6949-4B53-BC8D-320C1EC218EF_zps

82A0B4F7-FF3E-41C7-B849-26527EABF89D_zps

Man it's been a while since I've been on here. Glad my photoshop skills cam in handy and you went through with it. Looks super clean!

• Like 2