Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Question about selling a boat

gobble

Is it expected that I leave things like life preservers, bumpers, anchor, etc. in the boat for the new owner or is it common to take those things out? I have a new (used) one waiting for me at a dealer to pick up in spring and I have no idea if that stuff is in there.

When you sell a boat you're selling just that, the boat. Anything past that is up to you to be nice or to sweeten the deal. If I have old gear I don't need or won't use I'll typically throw it in rather than have it sit around unused.

Agreed, I only left things specifically requested. And if they would have been expensive items, like good vests or boards/skis then the buyer would have to negotiate those into the sale.

What did you end up with? Were you able to find something local with Tinus?

Thanks guys

I ended up with a 2008 Wakesetter VLX from MN Inboards. You'll see it listed if you look at Minneapolis craigslist. They threw in free storage so I won't have it until next spring.

ive bought 2 boats. 1 came with nothing (he was getting another boat). My 2nd boat came with extra life jackets, fire extingiusher, a bunch fo ropes and other stuff (owner didnt own a boat any more and didnt want the extra stuff).. So i guess its up to you on how nice you want to be to sweeten a deal.

I have not seen it in person. I did see the detailed 5 page trade sheet they completed and a bunch of pictures. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Minneapolis this weekend and there aren't a whole lot of these boats out there. Big mistake?

I have not seen it in person. I did see the detailed 5 page trade sheet they completed and a bunch of pictures. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to Minneapolis this weekend and there aren't a whole lot of these boats out there. Big mistake?

I guess I wouldn't be real concerned about it being right and as described, but personally would have looked at something I was spending around 45K on.

Nice looking boat if this is the one

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/bod/4638220299.html

Edited by oldjeep

Trouble was it was already shrink wrapped for winter and if I wanted to see it that either meant paying to have it re-wrapped or bringing it home to my driveway.

$41.5 with free storage and spring tune up.

Good price?

I'm still out on Nagawicka primarily. Rare stops out to Pine and Okauchee. I'm one of three Axis boats I've seen in the area. Grey and vapor blue A20. Picked it up a week ago.