Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Ski pylon boom or tower boom?

evanlaczi

Looking to put a barefoot boom on my response. Should I mount to my tower or pylon ? Any one have one for sale? Been looking on ebay and craigslist without any success. Anyone looking to get rid of one?

The only negative ov a tower boom is they are harder to install/remove while on the water.

I'd say if you need to be able to install/remove it quickly go with a pylon mount.

Sorry but no help on having one for sale. Good luck in the search

I would go with the Pylon Boom from BI, get yourself the height adjuster while your at it. Make for easy adjustments

for when you what others such as kids to learn to ski and foot.

PM Sent.

I have a tower boom for sale. We had it on our 06 RLXI with a Titan 3 tower. Comes with a boom ext. which increases length by about 18 inches. Asking $400 plus shipping. Call with questions 507.317.4811

• Like 1

Pylon as a tower boom is almost non adjustable. I would not go with the height adjuster I would go with an adjustable clamp. Much easier to move that up and down versus the pin on the height adjuster.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have footers that use different heights, or you like to jack it up for tricks, you will hate the tower boom. They are awesome if you have a dock to set it up from and don't move it much once it is out. But adjusting them up and down more than a few inches is a pain in the @$$!!!