Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

voltage after start 12.5v, 30s later 13.7v

It normally happens on the first start of the day, it takes a while before the voltage shows 13.7v and i live in warm climate. The alternator is about a month old. I do have a blue sea setup with 2 batteries, is it going through some testing before isolating?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by bankshk

Did this start reciently? Like with the new altenator? Next cold start, have a buddy read the voltage off the altenator during and after start with a multimeter, make sure the meter and dash make the change tom13.7 at the same time. Imhave never heard of a BIT on an altenator, it is either making power or not, the dash shows system voltage,what ever makes the most power wins.

hope this helps......fun problem

yes it started with the new alternator. i was hoping it might the belt getting tired and doesnt spin up the alternator till warmed up properly?

i have it wired as per the blue sea add a battery instructions, so starter battery + to bottom of 2 (on the switch) , and alternator out of the top of 2 (on the switch) is that correct?

I'm betting your new alternator has a "soft start" feature in the voltage regulator. It waits 30 seconds before fully charging. I upgraded mine this spring and have the exact same deal. Luckily the technician warned me about it after the install.