Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What's My Boat Worth?

ccendres

I have a custom 1994 Malibu Echelon with 411 hours.

The tower was professionally installed and includes a full sound system. Paint/decals were done by a graphic design shop in town

This boat includes a single-axle trailer with new tires and no rust

Boat runs super smooth and the wake isn't half bad for a ski boat.

I would love to hear what you think! Pics are below, Thanks

http://s1347.photobucket.com/user/ccendres/library/?view=recent&page=1

I bet that it will sell for more if you pull that tower and properly repairs the holes.

:plus1: your target market is reduced with that tower and speakers, remove and patch with 3m 5200 and non-skid matting, and sell it all on the side. I'd ask around 12kfor that rig, interior and dash look really good :thumbup:

Edited by Ndawg12

Paint? Not gel coat?

It's a good looking boat other than the dated tribal but not worth any more than a stock one in good shape, unfortunately. A decent one around here just went for 12k, depending on your location I'd start there. Don't take less than 11k unless you're in a heavily stocked area or desperate to get rid of it before the snow flies. That particular tower adds no value to me.

After market towers and graphics are always a crap shoot where one person's beauty is another's nightmare. In this case you have a ski boat and most people looking for this type of boat will be put off by the tower as you may have noticed by the comments. I too am in the camp of removing tower, fixing the holes and selling the boat on it's strong suit.

Your boat looks well cared for and in very good condition. The engine looks like it could use a little detailing to dial it in just a little more. If you can wait until spring you'll do much better attracting buyers without dropping your drawers. Fall boat sales decrease sales price anywhere from 10% - 30% depending on the price range and how bad you want to move it. Sometimes its worth taking the hit if you can avoid paying out $300 in storage and $400 in winterization costs but for most doing their own work and providing their own storage waiting for spring is typically a better option.

This time of year I'd say you have a$10K boat and in the spring a $12k boat.

I say leave the tower on. That way your market is wider. Any potential buyer can remove the tower far easier than a different potential buyer can put one on, or that says "Pass on this one, it has no wakeboard tower".

Ditto on the engine. Something doesn't look right about it though. My boat pictures are on a thumb drive at work, but it seems those are a different manifold than stock. And, it could use a decent cleaning. A half hour with some rags and a WD-40 wipe down will make a huge difference.

Does it have a wedge?

I'd start out at $13k and expect to go no lower than $12k (leaving the tower on).

Nice job on the exterior & interior, looks good!

• Like 2

I like the tower. My boat has a tower and most skiers prefer the upward pull, except for the really good ones with specific skills like swivel skiing. Two weeks ago a guy pulled up and showed my a fat wad of cash for my boat. He thought it was a wake boat just because of the tower. A purist might pay top dollar for that boat without it, but that purist probably also knows the value and there's always a better deal out there. So I think the tower adds more value to a broader market. And if I was boat shopping I would stop shopping now. Very nice

I like the tower. My boat has a tower and most skiers prefer the upward pull, except for the really good ones with specific skills like swivel skiing. Two weeks ago a guy pulled up and showed me a fat wad of cash for my boat. He thought it was a wake boat just because of the tower. A purist might pay top dollar for that boat without it, but that purist probably also knows the value and there's always a better deal out there. So I think the tower adds more value to a broader market. And if I was boat shopping I would stop shopping now. Very nice
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to you all. Sold it tonight (2nd day on craigslist) for 13,000

I had 7 different guys call wanting to see it, the first guy that came with

cash got it. I did leave the tower on by the way, thanks again