Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'14 LSV Storage Reviews?

augie09

One week till our test ride, so I'll find out all this soon enough, but I am inpatient. This really won't affect our purchase decision, just curious what we'd be work gin with storage wise.

For current owners, what's your take on storage when rear PNP is full and a stock Bow tank is present? Do find passenger personal bags end up laying on the floor area because the udnerseat storage spaces are crammed already with your standard boating gear?

Can you fit 4+ life jackets in each rear locker on top of 550 PNP? 750 pnp?

Can you fit wake boards with bindings under the lounge seats?

With a bow tank, there is zero storage under the bow cushions correct? Any chance to fit a slide anchor and rope?

Do the bow seat backs flip up like in the MXZ to access the observer locker?

Are there any cool storage nooks you've really liked, like the bins under the rear transom seats? or hidden phone cubbies?

Our friends just purchased a 2014 without looking really looking at the boat. They just went and purchased it.

They were shocked at how little storage it has once they got it home and started filling it with the old boats stuff. Let me tell you the complaining started when they figured out how little they had.

As ever it depends on what you're used to. My 14 LSV has plenty of space but I'm using it on a lake for a morning, coming back to the dock/house for lunch etc.

Mine has 750 sumos in the lockers and there is plenty of space for jackets. The bench seats either side all flip of course. One either side dlips up so you can face the rear -- very nice too -- but it limits the space underneath to small stuff. The benches lift to reveal much more useful space. One is taken by the coolbox. But no way can you fit a board in there. In one corner is a waste can which I guess is optional if you need the space. The other is useful. Finally the back seats lift but are shallow and useful for ropes etc.

I have two swivel racks as I only need 4 boards but there's plenty of space on the tower for two more.

You're right there's no space whatsoever under the bow seats.

I've been very happy with it but as I say, it all depends on your compare.

One thing to note is that the batteries are no longer in the observers compartment. They are under the observers seat. We don't have any issues finding a home for everything we need for a day. Plenty of room for jackets in the lockers with pnp. We actually only have a few vests to ride with, the others are the cheap orange ones that came in the bag. They fit perfect under the seats. My box anchor is under the observer cushion next to the batteries.

Edit: We are most likely headed to El Dorado Lake this weekend, if you want to come check mine out. It is only a couple hour drive from KC down 35.

Edited by mrnate450r

I think the boat has a ton of storage, but I was coming from a VTX so take that for what it's worth. (I have 800 Ronix bags in the rear and a coffin bag.)

Seriously though, there's a lot of storage if you have the proper board racks. I do have bindings under the seats, helmets, anchor, pumps, extra ballast bags, two big tool kits, trash can, cooler, 4 batteries....

There's enough space for most people.

Edited by tjklein

I am also pleased with the storage, coming from 01 vlx.

sumo 900's (when empty) ton of room for jackets, towels and tower mirror.

(when full * almost)4 life jackets per side

Ropes/gloves, dock lines/ misc in over engine tray, or under rear center seat

bumpers,kids board and skim surfboard fir in port coffin

wish the cooler was bigger, but i love that it it stays under seat with trashcan.

Anchor behind driver's seat under rear facing observer

forward dry locker towels and 6-pack of orange vests

2 swivel board racks (would like to buy 2 upper surf/surf racks)

2 swivel board racks (would like to buy 2 upper surf/surf racks)

I may price out the new Bimini canvas that has the surf pockets and zippered storage underneath for ropes and such. Not real high on my priorities, but for the right price, I think it would be worth it, and easier/cheaper than board racks.

I may price out the new Bimini canvas that has the surf pockets and zippered storage underneath for ropes and such. Not real high on my priorities, but for the right price, I think it would be worth it, and easier/cheaper than board racks.

I wish I could get away this weekend to come to el dorado, thanks for the invite.

I did price out a 2015 LSV vs a 2014 LSV. I probably shouldn't post the full stickers with discounts, but here's the options listing section. Assuming this is full MSRP pricing on the options. The '14 CS bimini was 953 and the 15 CS bimini with pockets is 1,165.

2014 LSV Options

ScreenShot2014-09-19at14701PM_zps24e4e4a

2015 LSV options

ScreenShot2014-09-19at14610PM_zpsbf7a1be

• Like 2

Sport dash with joystick is an option? What is standard if you have surfgates and don't select this option?

I think the bimini upgrade would be worth it. Think how cheap those pockets are to get some extra board storage vs. cost of new racks.

$660 for mirror? $575 for 2 transom lights? My dealer is barely $300 for that option. That's a lot of dealer mark up

My thoughts exactly, but that's before dealer discount of course. Kind a like those retail stores that have permanent sales going on. But I do wish msrp was the same everywhere. I don't believe malibu has a pricing map that lays out msrp per territory.

Sport dash with joystick is an option? What is standard if you have surfgates and don't select this option?

I think the bimini upgrade would be worth it. Think how cheap those pockets are to get some extra board storage vs. cost of new racks.

The sport dash is redundant controls from the touch screens. Surfgate is operational from the main touch screen, and the sport dash controls.

Edited by Brian Young

Now i'm convinced dealers make up their own numbers. Price sheets I have seen are different. You would think MSRP is what it is, but apparently not

This is definitely the case. I've gone to two different dealers and not only were the options different prices, but the base price of the boat before options was different, by quite a bit. But as someone said, it's the bottom line that matters. Who cares what the MSRP is? The one dealer I went to had a very high base price and options, but then offered a massive discount prior to negotiating. So it all ended up being about the same in the end. I guess some people think "wow, what a great deal and I haven't even asked for anything yet". I used to work in sales, so that tactic doesn't work on me. Lol

As far as storage goes, I thought the '14 LSV I crawled around in had quite a bit of storage. But my family would never use the cooler so that opens up a big spot. And I would use racks for boards and skis so they don't have to go under the seats.

This is definitely the case. I've gone to two different dealers and not only were the options different prices, but the base price of the boat before options was different, by quite a bit. But as someone said, it's the bottom line that matters. Who cares what the MSRP is? The one dealer I went to had a very high base price and options, but then offered a massive discount prior to negotiating. So it all ended up being about the same in the end. I guess some people think "wow, what a great deal and I haven't even asked for anything yet". I used to work in sales, so that tactic doesn't work on me. Lol

right, I have seen base prices range over 5k in difference. 62-67k, (and seedealercost has it at 57k) but I also noticed that gel coat patterns and metallic paint don't show up under options and are factored into the base price it appears. smoke and mirrors, baby, smoke and mirrors

right, I have seen base prices range over 5k in difference. 62-67k, (and seedealercost has it at 57k) but I also noticed that gel coat patterns and metallic paint don't show up under options and are factored into the base price it appears. smoke and mirrors, baby, smoke and mirrors

The base price difference I saw was over $20000. I almost choaked. It made the boat's MSRP absolutely ridiculous... Then they followed it with a huge discount. Like you said, just smoke.