Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sending my heater kit back, am I being too picky?

vanamp

I just got them last week. I am installing them this weekend. I wonder what they mean by they were not right? I will look at mine closely when I get home to see if they are normal gen 2 tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered my tube from Bake's back in early April and it still hasn't made it to my door yet but supposedly will be here tomorrow. I'll report back as well as to whtether or not they match my two existing Gen 2's. It would be a major bummer if there was a difference between the current and previous manufacturing runs.

Heatercraft website now has a disclaimer that the hottubes shown are not whats being shipped.

They always did have that disclaimer. My issue with it was that it is such drastic quality difference in the gen1 and gen2 tubes that they really need to get rid of that picture and fix it. I figured it was going to be different but not a lesser product. I have seen similar disclaimers when ordering snowboards/wakeboards and the colors/graphics may be different but the board is functionally the same.

Are you still waiting on your gen 2's? I placed an order a couple weeks ago and they're saying now the gen 2 tubes that came in weren't right and they're not shipping them. By the time I get me heater it will be mid-summer and I won't need it any more.

I think the issue is that heater craft supplies the heater kits to the boat manufacturers. So they get first dibs when parts show up.

My 2015 LSV came with different hot tube than even gen2. Maybe gen3 or different mfg. It's actually nicer than the Gen2 but doesn't match the other two Gen2's I have that I was going to install. Stupid that you pay extra for 3 port heater in boat and only get 1 hot tube in crappy location in walkway and two reg vents under helm.

Surfin USA [emoji570][emoji475]

Wonder who it is. I've never even heard of another company.

I was watching Extreme 4x4 Saturday morning & their installing a universal heater in an old Jeep truck.....made by Heatercraft.

The company is pretty small. Makes me think they don't sell a ton of these things.

I can't confirm since I don't have a heater, but my dealer said that Heatercraft is no longer the OEM supplier for Malibu.

Wonder who it is. I've never even heard of another company.

I was watching Extreme 4x4 Saturday morning & their installing a universal heater in an old Jeep truck.....made by Heatercraft.

The company is pretty small. Makes me think they don't sell a ton of these things.

I probably should not have made that statement without knowing all the facts. I was at the dealer and they were replacing a frozen core, the Heatercraft core they had in stock would not fit. I was told the OEM they pulled out was not a HC core and they had to get the replacement from the factory. Maybe it was another generation HC???

Here is one manufacture I found on a search: http://www.maradynemarine.com/