Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Where to buy G&T vinyl

trace

My 96 VLX with blue & white interior needs some upholstery work, and my upholstery guy is good but has never heard of G&T vinyl. I think 'bu used their vinyl back in 96, right?

I need to know a) what my factory vinyl is (mfr, weight, color code, etc) and B) where I can buy it.

I'd like to hear feedback, but I think I'm going with all white on the rear hatch lid. My boat is dark blue & white with grey and teal pinstripes, so the only color that would look OK is dark blue, and I'm not a fan of big patches of dark vinyl. Would an all-white hatch lid look weird?

Maybe a little different pattern or tuck & roll or something, but the sun has played hell on the darker colors. The white is still fairly supple, but the colors are crispy and shredded - looks like Gator Grip now.

Is newer vinyl improved at all in this regard? Any thoughts on a different pattern than the "swoosh"? I would like something symmetrical, that matches the lines of the boat. For example, I really like the crescent design on late model Mastercrafts.

Any help appreciated.

Thx- Trace

contact CS at Malibu and have them put you in touch with Chee Maou.

Do a search for him on here or wakeside. He just made me all new skins for my boat and they look great. Sent him the colors out of the 06 BU catalog.

What did you pay for them, if you don't mind? Factory skins are very expensive in my experience.

Will they do partials, or complete sets only? I only need the hatch & a couple seat bottoms.

G & T is in Grand Rapids, MI, somewhere in Tennesee, and also a third locale. You should be able to match it up no problem form them. I just had my old Hurricane totally redone with factory vinyl. They do Hurricane, Malibu, Four Winns, and a bunch of other big volume mfgs. Call your dealer and get it direct- then have your local vinyl person rewrap your stuff.