Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Boat Price Negotiating

dielawn

Do you have a trade in? Make sure you keep that price a separate issue from the new boat price, don't compromise on either. Don't forget to calculate tax savings on trading in versus selling outright as well. I have priced out several 22VLX boats between 2 dealers and got down to this:

msrp

137,833 down to 103,000 25% (approx)

121,000 down to 92,500 23% (approx)

I feel like I could get at least an extra 1-2k out of either... 2016 is coming, so is fall.

Do you have a trade in? Make sure you keep that price a separate issue from the new boat price, don't compromise on either. Don't forget to calculate tax savings on trading in versus selling outright as well. I have priced out several 22VLX boats between 2 dealers and got down to this:

msrp

137,833 down to 103,000 25% (approx)

121,000 down to 92,500 23% (approx)

I feel like I could get at least an extra 1-2k out of either... 2016 is coming, so is fall.

Options on 92,500 boat?

^^^^^^^^For the Love of God, Someone..............................HaHa

We throw that "Loaded" word around very easy....details please!! For the love of the man upstairs!

• Like 2

If it has carpet and a swim platform, it's LOADED!

Some people are throwing around sone pretty good numbers $85k for a new LSV....we need details.....is it all white with a 350 and no trailer?

Some people are throwing around sone pretty good numbers $85k for a new LSV....we need details.....is it all white with a 350 and no trailer?

What you see is what you get. Bought new end of September. LS3 and trailer included.

A13403CD-2A0C-4155-B2BC-410099DAFBB0_zps

• Like 2

I went back and looked. My dealer didn't list the options on the website, but this is what I know I had,

power wedge 2

Rotary controller

Big dash screen

Metallic gel (accents only)

G3.2 tower

Docking lights

Surf gate

Transom stereo controller

Wake pack 8" speakers

2- 6x9 tower speakers (not wet sounds)

Snap in carpet

350 monsoon

Hard ballasts (minus bow ballast)

High alt prop

And the rest of the standard stuff of course....

Why doesn't malibu show their MSRP pricing on their boats and options like almost all of the other wake boat manufactures?

So that dealers can put whatever markup they want on the boat, then give a huge discount and mame lol think they're getting a good deal.

So that dealers can put whatever markup they want on the boat, then give a huge discount and mame lol think they're getting a good deal.

Lol That what I thought ! You should look at the last few pages of the "new for 2016" thread... Lol

Well after seeing what is considered a good percentage off MSRP, I didn't do too bad on my new boat. And to think all I did is make a phone call while driving back from a work location. Guess there is no one way to get it done.

Lol That what I thought ! You should look at the last few pages of the "new for 2016" thread... Lol

That's child's play... you should read the last 3 years of this forum. :lol:

Most guys here are convinced that Malibu is just raping us. Turns out they are just a small, marginally profitable business. Even with the data exposed, guys with their tinfoil hats will believe what they want.

Then there's the dealer markup. Is it big? Yeah, certainly if you compare to cars. But boat dealers aren't car dealers. The average car dealer sells 100+ cars a month. Even a GREAT boat dealer sells 1/2 that amount over the entire year. So yeah, they make more per unit. If they didn't, they wouldn't exist. These are the economics of the industry. It's really a lot more like buying jewelry that it is like cars.

• Like 2

I estimate the dealer NEEDS $10K per boat to stay open. Factoring in showroom, salaries, taxes, property leases, etc. Even at 50 boats that's 5m, pay an entire staff, lease the buildings, pay taxes, buy tools/equipment, etc, that doesn't leave huge money left.

As mentioned, that is the dealer that is no longer a dealer. I was very close to buying the 22MXZ without the trailer to replace my A22 that I bought from them. It is a very, very nice boat. But Marine outfitters, about 45 minutes down the road, ended up putting me in a 2015 VLX that I ordered for less. If you don't mind traveling, get in touch with them, as well.