Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

used boat market, what will happen in the next 4 months?

Lance B. Johnson

The reason I ask:

My wife and I came up with the idea that waiting until February might be better. A friend suggested the same thing. And then I ask here and get different opinions which I like.

I see both sides, winter sales are slow, prices more competitive, however no one wants to store a boat that can be sold, dealers try to get rid of inventory etc.....

Maybe I should just start now and try to find the deal I want for the boat I want and not compromise because I do have time and more boats will eventually be on the market.

I predict a beautiful, near fully loaded, 2013 VLX with less than 100 hrs will be available at a dealer near you by Tuesday afternoon next week... :whistle:

Edited by Cory
  • Like 3

Maybe I should just start now and try to find the deal I want for the boat I want and not compromise because I do have time and more boats will eventually be on the market.

So it's a 2010+ LSV with quad ballast... what else? The illusive early 2010 with the 8.1? Max budget?

So it's a 2010+ LSV with quad ballast... what else? The illusive early 2010 with the 8.1? Max budget?

2010-2012.

I know the debate between the 5.7 and 6.0 but I still want the 6.0.

I'd like to spend 60k, have a decent system and possibly ballast. I can do my own ballast if needed of course.

I predict a beautiful, near fully loaded, 2013 VLX with less than 100 hrs will be available at a dealer near you by Tuesday afternoon next week... :whistle:

I'm sure it's beautiful but it's surfgate. :) Edited by Lance B. Johnson

Now isn't the time to be looking for a boat, with all of the turmoil in the world. You should keep your boat and just remove some of the stereo and other options to lessen the weight and get a better ski wake.

This one is on the opposite coast but it's in the price range @ $58,900: http://www.northpointwatersports.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=56937&pov=3700160

WOW! A 2008 with a Titan 3 tower. I am pretty sure that was not the original tower. It is interesting that it has a new trailer too. Nice boat, but he would have to come down a bit for it to be a good deal to me. I never liked what I heard about those MUX switches. Give me back my rocker switches.

I think that you just have to be ready to move in the spring. My boat is for sale, albeit I have not marketed it hard, just on the classifieds here. The only people looking for boats want to get a smoking deal and are in no hurry to buy at market price. And I think that the only people selling used boats this time of year are also in no hurry, so it is somewhat of a stalemate. This isn't 2008, there aren't a lot of people who are looking to sell their boat right now to save their home. When I sold my last boat, I had it listed aggressively in January...nothing but crickets. After president's day, calls started coming in like mad. Sold it the second week of March.

It is the best time to get a leftover new boat, however. You can still lean a surfgate boat, Lance B!!!!

• Like 1

WOW! A 2008 with a Titan 3 tower. I am pretty sure that was not the original tower. It is interesting that it has a new trailer too. Nice boat, but he would have to come down a bit for it to be a good deal to me. I never liked what I heard about those MUX switches. Give me back my rocker switches.

I think that you just have to be ready to move in the spring. My boat is for sale, albeit I have not marketed it hard, just on the classifieds here. The only people looking for boats want to get a smoking deal and are in no hurry to buy at market price. And I think that the only people selling used boats this time of year are also in no hurry, so it is somewhat of a stalemate. This isn't 2008, there aren't a lot of people who are looking to sell their boat right now to save their home. When I sold my last boat, I had it listed aggressively in January...nothing but crickets. After president's day, calls started coming in like mad. Sold it the second week of March.

It is the best time to get a leftover new boat, however. You can still lean a surfgate boat, Lance B!!!!

Sure but it would have to compete with the 2010-2012 price range for it to be worth it. What would surfgate equipment sell for on the open market eh?

I never liked what I heard about those MUX switches. Give me back my rocker switches.

Totally agree. The mux switches on the 2010 LSV would drive me nuts. I suppose it wouldn't be a deal breaker, but MTC is a far superior interface.

• Like 1