Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis Specifications

Malibudude

• 3 months later...

Anyone know the overall height on a 2014 A22 with the tower up? Im building a shop and do not want to have to fold the tower each time I back her in. Needing to know how tall of a door I need?

Anyone know why the T22 weighs 400 lbs less than a 22vlx? The T22 is a longer boat. Is it all the malibu bling? or construction difference?

Specs page on both boats say they are both 21'10" and both 102" beam. To me it's simple why the VLX weighs more and it's all the little things that make each boat totally different. Things like the VLX has: a complete windshield (extra glass and extra frame); carpet walls inside the cabin (minimal weight but it is weight); bigger fuel tank (means heavier fuel tank); hydraulics and equipment for power wedge; combination of sunpad and rear seat is bigger and more robust than T22 sunpad and rear seat; tower on VLX is much bigger/heavier; extra metal/billet bling; even something as small as the "Wakesetter" raised logo adds weight compared to a decal; Malibu boats have more vinyl wrapped details where Axis dash and panels are not wrapped; completely finished storage compartments (carpet lined)

Edited by AJWest

Just seems like that would not come close to 400 lbs, but I guess it all adds up. That T22 weighs what my '13 VLX did which was 21' 6"/100" beam. I would think dry weight is calculated the same for each boat. btw, useless engine fact, I found out 410 weighs 65 lbs less than a 350.

Just seems like that would not come close to 400 lbs, but I guess it all adds up. That T22 weighs what my '13 VLX did which was 21' 6"/100" beam. I would think dry weight is calculated the same for each boat. btw, useless engine fact, I found out 410 weighs 65 lbs less than a 350.

Interesting on the 410 vs 350 weight. Seems like everyone in here says the 410 iron block makes it weigh more. I have the 410 in my A24

That weight was per Indmar, I believe the 410 has alum heads, where the 350 is all cast iron. Exhaust also appears to be different on the two, not sure if this also plays a factor. Im sure a true engine guru would know all this stuff.