Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Heater

Sunscape fan

Does anyone know why the heater is mounted where it is? And why the driver gets two outlets and the third is mounted in the walkway? Also is there a way to mount a second heater at the rear of the cabin?

Does anyone know why the heater is mounted where it is? And why the driver gets two outlets and the third is mounted in the walkway? Also is there a way to mount a second heater at the rear of the cabin?

1) to keep your driver happy (not sure that 2 outlets and a seat heater is quite enough for mine when it gets below 60)

2) you can mount a heater anywhere that you can run water and power to.

I do not know the answer to your questions, but I can tell you this...

I no longer order Malibu heaters for those EXACT reasons. Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1

Yea, its a stupid setup. If you don't get it drained in the winter, you run the risk of it leaking or spraying water under all you dash electronics & your subwoofer.

When my buddy & I installed his in his 23' Vride, we put it under the seat, right behind the driver. Two snorkels right by it & a 3rd vent runs thru the gunnel to the driver's feet. Way easier in this location to run hoses & winterize it.

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

I saw a 2015 24 MXZ that included a two port heater installed just fore of the cooler under the wakeview seating. I was told it was a factory option by the sales guy. Must be new.

This sounds like a much better location. I'm considering an upgrade for '15. I wonder if I can just order it without a heater and get the dealer to install it in a better location. Will it still be controlled by the MTC if I did this?

I installed mine across from the driver with 3 outlets right next to where I moved the batteries under the observer seat.

One of the best things I have done. Works perfectly and has easy access for if I break it.

This sounds like a much better location. I'm considering an upgrade for '15. I wonder if I can just order it without a heater and get the dealer to install it in a better location. Will it still be controlled by the MTC if I did this?

Yes, should be able to, but touch command screen only has two switch settings/positions, one is either low or medium and the other high, depending on how it is set up. I installed the factory switches on mine to have all three settings. Talk to your dealer or do it yourself.... Not hard to do and lots of flexibility for locations. Edited by BlackBluMalibu

On my 2007 wakesetter I just installed a ; vent heater in the walkway. I also relocated the batteries (2) there. And built a "seat"/walkway over top.

This gave me. 2 vents in walkway facing main cabin, 2 under passenger seat. All 4 are hot tubes.

My txi is under the dash (I agree stupid) but as I have closed cooling not so much of an issue. I had to build a box for the 2nd hot tube and left the 3rd port for the drivers feet. The stock 3 port heater already came with a hot tube up in the walk way (presumably for those riding in bow -- again I my opinion not well thought out) -- if it's cold enough for a heater chances are people are not riding in the bow -- of at least that has been my experience.

IMO - Easiest place to put it for power and ducting without compromising storage space. I agree there are better locations with offering a port for the driver and 2 for the passengers. Winterizing the current setup is not difficult assuming you only winterize once:)

I like the new option referred to above...behind the drivers seat!

It's Easiest place for factory to mount it without taking up storage space. And easiest place to run hidden hoses from engine. Pull out vent in walkway because that's the easiest place based on where heater is mounted. Two vents for driver because they're too lazy to run the third vent somewhere else.

I stole Fman's idea and ran a tube up through a cup holder where I mounted the hot tube. Pulls out when needed. Sits flush in cup holder when not used. Reaches anywhere in rear seating.

Surfin USA

• Like 1

It's Easiest place for factory to mount it without taking up storage space. And easiest place to run hidden hoses from engine. Pull out vent in walkway because that's the easiest place based on where heater is mounted. Two vents for driver because they're too lazy to run the third vent somewhere else.

I stole Fman's idea and ran a tube up through a cup holder where I mounted the hot tube. Pulls out when needed. Sits flush in cup holder when not used. Reaches anywhere in rear seating.

Surfin USA

Did you have to add hose to the hot tube to do this? Or was the stock hose long enough?