Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform Care

WeekdayBoater

I used 303 Aerospace Protectant on mine while I didn't have a cover on it and it kept it nice.

Only had to go this route for about a month while my cover was being made though.

Definitely get something on it soon. I've seen a few with the cushining material disintigrating from the sun.

I'm curious about the platform cover. Did you get an extension for your your mooring cover, or a boot like cover that just slips over it when not in use.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

My 06 has a black rubber no skid surface that is deteriorating and make your feet black. We have to be careful getting into the boat to not bring it in. Any suggestions on how to address that?

My 04 is the same way. I take a scrub brush too it every time we go out before it is used. Throw some water on it then quickly scrub the oxidized rubber off. It is a pain, but keep the black off the seats. Only good way around it is replace it. I've tried 303, Back to Black, I even sanded it. Nothing seems to bring it back once it is going.

My 06 has a black rubber no skid surface that is deteriorating and make your feet black. We have to be careful getting into the boat to not bring it in. Any suggestions on how to address that?

Sea Dek makes replacements.

Mine is pretty sun beat, it's on the work list for next year.

I love teak swim platforms and may build one.

Edited by CumminsBu