Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transom lights no drill

OnThaGass

The Diablo lights are are really that bright, although it does depend on your water quality. All of the pics on all of the different light websites are pretty much taken in nice clear saltwater. My lakes are really dark with algae so they aren't as bright as in the pics, but still light the about 10 feet behind the platform. I'm only using the single light. Looks about the same as the pics posted above. Sorry I don't have any pics....yet.

Edited by bandStrider

I have one of these and it works great. NExt go around I'd get the 2 head model though.

http://www.boatpluglight.com/

Much cheaper for much better output than the others out there. The build construction was good and easy to hook into an existing line, or run new to the battery if you want. It's bright enough that we use it to bowfish at night off the swim platform.

You got any pics of bowfishing off the platform with pics of the fish close to the platform, just to see how bright the light is of course?!

Levi- If you want serious bright underwater LEDs look at the Lifeform 9s. $350?

The Hurley pucks are good for a quick addition or just a little light. Or if you wanted to mix colors with LEDs you already have. One would struggle to be enough for night wakesurfing. Roughly equivalent to OEM LEDs.

A pair of LF9s are 5-6x brighter.

Edited by nyryan2001

I'm pretty darn happy with my pair of SeaBlaze X's. Yes they require drilling but as you all know, I'm not shy when it come to firing holes in gel coat and fiberglass. :) I've yet to regret a hole I've drilled. :lol:

gallery_7666_174_372520.jpg

• Like 3

I'm pretty darn happy with my pair of SeaBlaze X's. Yes they require drilling but as you all know, I'm not shy when it come to firing holes in gel coat and fiberglass. :) I've yet to regret a hole I've drilled. :lol:

gallery_7666_174_372520.jpg

Nice PIC, how many of those x's do you have there?

You got any pics of bowfishing off the platform with pics of the fish close to the platform, just to see how bright the light is of course?!

Not yet. I got the light just at the end of the bowfishing season and I was too intent on shooting fish. I'll be sure to take some and post them next spring. I figured I was probably the only guy shooting carp off the back of a ski boat this spring :-)

Oh, and for the people who think the Diablos are cheap foreign jobs, you are wrong. the whole reason the guy started making them was because he was disappointed with the ones he bought off ebay. If you look at the specs of the LED he uses the Lumen output is as high or higher than most of the expensive ones that people on the forums have put on their boats, at a fraction of the cost. The downside is that because of the way he makes them in a plug they are not super focused so the light diffuses around the whole back of the boat instead of aiming straight back like the ones MartinArcher has. The Diablo's probably aren't going to get you far enough behind the boat for surfing, but they work great for accent, swimming, and shooting carp for me.

Edited by bandStrider

Levi- If you want serious bright underwater LEDs look at the Lifeform 9s. $350?

The Hurley pucks are good for a quick addition or just a little light. Or if you wanted to mix colors with LEDs you already have. One would struggle to be enough for night wakesurfing. Roughly equivalent to OEM LEDs.

A pair of LF9s are 5-6x brighter.

Good info. I'm not looking for anything too insane. Just something that looks cool when we're chilling. I don't surf at night so that's not a consideration. $350 PER light is still a little more than I want to spend.

• Like 1

Good info. I'm not looking for anything too insane. Just something that looks cool when we're chilling. I don't surf at night so that's not a consideration. $350 PER light is still a little more than I want to spend.

I am with you. I think I am going to go with LF6's. Shawn's pics are amazing. And our water is pretty clear here plus we won't be surfing with them. Just for looks :)

Levi - the Hurley drain plug lights are $200 each

Yup... loving the idea of have 200 into my light rather than 700... I totally understand that the LF9's would be way more baller but I think the Hurley single drain plug light will check the box for me.

I figured I was probably the only guy shooting carp off the back of a ski boat this spring :-)

Pretty sure of it!

Should be a cool shot too. Here's one of a Skyski buddy of mine down in the Keys last summer.

post-821-0-64900800-1410881184_thumb.jpe

• Like 2

Yup... loving the idea of have 200 into my light rather than 700... I totally understand that the LF9's would be way more baller but I think the Hurley single drain plug light will check the box for me.

Levi- a pair of LF9s are $350. Also, LF6s are on sale right now.

Those prices are for a pair??? Now we're talking. Too bad the 6's that are on sale are only green and white. I really want blue.

I bought a blue plug light on ebay for $35 bucks. its actually not bad. I had two white leds that came with the boat and with the plug light everything is now blue. well worth the $. Pretty cheap IMO.

Sorry, it was $32. see link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251419458137?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by jcon44

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us, we appreciate your interest in our Fall Fishing special. The pricing on the site is a per unit price and we are currently only running the special for the LF6 green and white LED’s. Please call or email if you have any more questions.

Regards,

James