Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Off season boat projects?

Bill_AirJunky

1) Recover the bunks (already did tires and winch strap this summer)

2) Touch-up paint the trailer

3) Get cover fixed, got a tear where the tower boot rises up from the main cover. I will hit Cory up to do some off season repair work, maybe add some velcro cinch straps there to tighten down that loose fabric. It is not unusual in eastern Wa. to be towing at 70 MPH and get side/headwinds of 30+ MPH which really does a job on the cover. Those are the only times I have had it come over the rub rail.

4) The other thing I think I will do is add cut-outs for the cleats into the cover.

5) Was thinking of doing ballast as I am tinkering with wake surfing but that may have to wait.

6) Could use a good polish if I pick up a Porter-Cable I will do that.

Also just finished an amp/sub upgrade from bone-stock to a nice basic level system.

CNC tower mounts, bend, roll and weld custom tower. CNC sky ski rack, and dual battery setup if I have time in between dry suit sessions. Going for an Endless Summer, Block freeze or bust! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Fix the broken boat lift at my cottage (that didn't sell again this year)...it looks like we will be keeping it long term so the budget for boat upgrades rounds up to $0 at the moment. Maybe I could squeeze in a canopy for the old lift though. :whistle:

I might play with a manual NSS...My manual SG didn't work out so I'm hoping an NSS would work better.

CNC tower mounts, bend, roll and weld custom tower. CNC sky ski rack, and dual battery setup if I have time in between dry suit sessions. Going for an Endless Summer, Block freeze or bust! :thumbup:

Do you have drawings for the skyski rack? If so would love a copy if you don't mind. tia

• Like 1

would like to plumb in some 750's in the rear.

polish out a few scratches.

install the heater core that's been sitting in the garage all summer.

pull out carpet and cover the floor with some type of solid material, ie truck bed liner type. (this is more of a wish list item that may not happen this winter)

would like to plumb in some 750's in the rear.

polish out a few scratches.

install the heater core that's been sitting in the garage all summer.

pull out carpet and cover the floor with some type of solid material, ie truck bed liner type. (this is more of a wish list item that may not happen this winter)

I have some 750s I'd sell to you for a good deal

but for an LSV, you really oughta do 1100s. :)

• Like 2

I have some 750s I'd sell to you for a good deal

but for an LSV, you really oughta do 1100s. :)

I might take you up on it but in need to wait awhile since i just spent a sizable sum on non Malibu related lake items.... I've heard the same about 1100's so i may go that route as well, I'm just not sure how much more water you can get in the 1100's versus the 750's but that can be tested. I still like more weight further tward the bow so that to could push me in the 750 direction.

My list,

New interior panels, update styling

S/S cup holders

New gauges (White Face)

Add Inlet and outlet Fuel pressure gauge

Heated seats

move sub to drives feet

dual battery set up

LED on all interior (Red)

Tint windows (20%)

Throttle knob (Six Shooter)

P/P upgrade to Z/O

Hydro turf to sides and back of boat to prevent slipping (Diamond Plate looking)

Spare 515 ACME Prop

Replace rub rail, find and fix leak

Hydro turf swim platform (Malibu Decal)

Rebuild Carb

Plugs, Plug wires

Distributor cap

Fuel filter

Find higher paying job to afford all of the above.........

Or Convince @daretogobare to sell me his beautiful boat..........

I had my old boat amended to my satisfaction now I'm starting with a new (to me) LSV

Winter time projects:

1) Dual batteries with isolator

2) Redo the entire stereo wiring with new wires and a new head unit. Probably add a WS-420 unless there is something new out there

3) Build a sub box that looks factory rather than the one the former owner tossed under the helm

4) Put new LED lights in the trailer. The old ones are nearly as bright as they should be.

5) Build a set of semi-portable steps in the shop so the boat is easier to get in and out of when in its in there

Right now, I'm running it until hypothermia sets in and then I'll start on the projects.

-Charlie

I might take you up on it but in need to wait awhile since i just spent a sizable sum on non Malibu related lake items.... I've heard the same about 1100's so i may go that route as well, I'm just not sure how much more water you can get in the 1100's versus the 750's but that can be tested. I still like more weight further tward the bow so that to could push me in the 750 direction.

I started this year with 750's. 2 months later 1100's. Save yourself some money and do it right the first time. Remember, you can add less water to an 1100, but you cant add more water to a 750!

Are you planning another 247? Or something different? If you ever want to try a 24 mxz i will happily take you out...

Thanks for the offer! I'm not sure yet… I was hoping that we would see a new 247 LSV for 2015, but that doesn't look like it will happen. I will probably look at the 24 MXZ, G23, and Tige' ASR.

List is fairly short.

1. New surf board. Demoimg a couple boards tomorrow

2. FAE...primarily for the noise reduction while surfing

3. Additional ballast pumps. I have high flow pnp. But 1100's on top of stock tank take 10+ minutes.

4. This is going to sound funny but direct drive u shaped seat bag (1100 lbs) for my bow sac.

Darkside. I contemplated adding new pumps earlier this although the dealer did not want to do this. We ended up removing the stock pumps and replaced with 1600GPH. Way less than 10 minutes to fill stock tanks and 1100s. Extra pumps would be better but this was simple and inexpensive.

Darkside. I contemplated adding new pumps earlier this although the dealer did not want to do this. We ended up removing the stock pumps and replaced with 1600GPH. Way less than 10 minutes to fill stock tanks and 1100s. Extra pumps would be better but this was simple and inexpensive.

What is the model of the pumps?

Nothing compares to the 247 for cabin space, the MXZ is like a 23LSV with a huge bow, great for kids, divide and conquer. 5 kids in the bow no problem...

I know, I love my 247….But I want something just a little bit bigger. I normally have anywhere from 12-17 people on my boat. I love the size of the G23 and ASR. I was hoping Malibu would make something to compete.

• Like 2

Here's my "want to do" list in no particular order. All pending on my budget.

1- Tower speakers and new amp to drive them. This will eat up a good portion of the budget because I'm leaning towards Rev 10s.

2- Gelcoat repair on the bow. 1" gash from a dock.

3- Adding depth finder. (100% must but I already have the gear purchased)

4- Fixing one vinyl cut left over from last year's carpet project.

5- Making surf board sleeves for top side of bimini.

6- New prop.

7- Adding automatic pumps for rear ballast bags.

8- Make new under-helm subwoofer enclosure. (not a high priority)

9- Toying with the idea of fabricating a new gelcoat swim platform with Sea Dek on top but this likely will get pushed till next year.

In addition to this I'm helping a buddy out with his Chaparral cruiser. He's got beaucoup wiring issues, half the gauges are shot, and we're going to cut/polish the whole critter. Ol Cap's gonna be a busy boy but at least it'll get me out of the house.

I know, I love my 247….But I want something just a little bit bigger. I normally have anywhere from 12-17 people on my boat. I love the size of the G23 and ASR. I was hoping Malibu would make something to compete.

12 in an MXZ, is no problem if some want to go to the bow, 17, bro that is cozy on any boat!

I started this year with 750's. 2 months later 1100's. Save yourself some money and do it right the first time. Remember, you can add less water to an 1100, but you cant add more water to a 750!

You guys don't understand Jconn44, he honestly thinks the 500s fill the locker nicely, it's a leap of faith that he's even considering 750s :biggrin:

Off season list:

- change in-boat speakers

- add amp

- install tower spot LED lights

- change in-boat accent lights for LEDs

- have two seats repaired - 2inch tears at the seam

- clean carpet agressively

- try to give the hull a second chance in life with a polishing and wax... It has been neglected by the previous owner

- change steering cable

Edited by JulioEstevez