Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Off season boat projects?

Bill_AirJunky

Just wondering what projects or mods others are planning on doing to their boats during the off season.

I have to do some repairs on my 9 yrs old Rankin/Evo cover. One strap & one corner have worn out this year.

Im thinking about making some terrycloth covers (like Primal used to make) for the drivers seat & the rear deck lids.

496925.jpg

496940.jpg

Plus a Sunbrella dash cover similar to the OEM Calabria setup.

04calabria19.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky
  • Like 3

Finish new gunnel floor storage panels (will be done in a couple weeks actually)

Driver feet sub box (I have a monsterous Rockford in the observers compartment now...no room to store anything)

Amp/wiring mounting board in observer storage

Possibly new rub rail

New interior lighting. LED here/there...

Possibly move battery under observers seat.

Edited by DIE2SURF

I'm getting pretty aggressive this year...

Plumb in ballast system. 5 bags, 3 reversible pumps.

Under water LED's

LED interior lighting

Complete new stereo with tower speakers.

Tower mounted mirror

Surf rack

EDIT:

I've got to get my cleat flaps sewn into my Evo

Not really projects but...

New anchor set up (box anchor, unsure on mini or small right now)

Exile fender balls

New vest

New wakeboard

Another set of smart jack wheels for the lift and an under canopy light system.

Edited by Levi900RR
  • Like 3

Not yet. but I'm starting to accumulate budget... :biggrin:

Plan out that ballast project, it stinks having to wait for parts when it is 3/4 finished and you need a couple of things, and then you have to wait on them. But doing it in the winter it won't be like when I did mine in the middle of the summer!

Plan out that ballast project, it stinks having to wait for parts when it is 3/4 finished and you need a couple of things, and then you have to wait on them. But doing it in the winter it won't be like when I did mine in the middle of the summer!

Technically I'm going to accumulate budget and parts all winter. Then I'll get my boat out early and start working on all the installs in the early spring (Which is like April for me). But I plan on posting my ballast design down to the hose clamp on here this winter before I make my wakemakers order.

Plumb in reversible pumps for the rear bags (750s take foooooooreverrrrrrrr to fill with the stock pumps)

Replace vinyl in bow, drivers seat, and sun pad (maybe)

Replace board rack forks on other rack.

New (longer) bungees for board racks

Full detail (fix some gel coat issues and remove graphics)

Lower on the priority list...if I have the budget

New prop, probably the 2315

New cover

After this past winter mods, I think this years list should be easy...lol

Yeah, it's gonna be a cheap winter...

Edited by Intense

Will for sure be doing the following:

• Finish interior LEDs (just have to do the walkway speaker pockets, they are still white)
  • Add LEDs to the front/rear vents on separate switch.
  • Strip trailer decals, probably order custom Domednumber Malibu decals for a bit of bling
  • Probably order Domednumber MC numbers, can't decide on a color combo though.

HOPEFULLY (need upper management approval):

• Lifeform 6's
  • Pop-up Cleats

Plumb in reversible pumps for the rear bags (750s take foooooooreverrrrrrrr to fill with the stock pumps)

Replace vinyl in bow, drivers seat, and sun pad (maybe)

Replace board rack forks on other rack.

New (longer) bungees for board racks

Full detail (fix some gel coat issues and remove graphics)

Lower on the priority list...if I have the budget

New prop, probably the 2315

New cover

After this past winter mods, I think this years list should be easy...lol

Yeah, it's gonna be a cheap winter...

Move that prop upgrade up the list buddy. I remember at Lanier you running alot of weight, you would love that 2315 or even the slightly less aggressive 2313 which is what I have. Totally different boat after I swapped out the stock 537 :thumbup:

List is fairly short.

1. New surf board. Demoimg a couple boards tomorrow

2. FAE...primarily for the noise reduction while surfing

3. Additional ballast pumps. I have high flow pnp. But 1100's on top of stock tank take 10+ minutes.

4. This is going to sound funny but direct drive u shaped seat bag (1100 lbs) for my bow sac.

Polish the new boat. :)

Enjoy that! One of these days, I'll be doing the same.

re-plumb all locker ballast, with longer lines - cross vent and cross drain rear 1100s, switching orientation from front to rear on the drain sides.

re-wire tower speakers the correct way (bridge the amp to a single channel per side, run crossovers, and power the 6500.2 setup properly.)

full detail - gelcoat has taken a beating since I last polished it up.

deep/steam clean all carpet

stay in shape so I don't feel like I'm starting at ground-zero again next May

try and put more than 30 hours on it next year. :banghead:

Edited by rennis

Technically I'm going to accumulate budget and parts all winter. Then I'll get my boat out early and start working on all the installs in the early spring (Which is like April for me). But I plan on posting my ballast design down to the hose clamp on here this winter before I make my wakemakers order.

FYI wakemakers had a really good black friday sale last year. If you were going to place a big order, that would be the time to do it.

New to me boat, but needs some work:

For sure- refurbish teak platform, new prop, replace shocks on lockers, remove light oxidation, polish, wax, repair cover, make boots to cover Bimini poles to prevent scratching when under cover and trailering.

X-mas list: PP Stargazer(self install), surf board