Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How do I run my engine while not on a lake

I wouldn't be worried so much about the motor, I'd be worried about the shaft bushing and that prop spinning wildly since there is no way to rev the newer boats in neutral unless you are disconnecting the shift harness.

I really don't understand the thought process with the manufacturers here...pretty stupid, imho.

• Like 1

Does anyone ever worry about the pressure of the water from the hose damaging something before the engine is turned on? I try to turn the hose on about half way with a ball valve before starting and then open it up after starting the engine. I have a perko connection.

<br /><br />It is ABSOLUTELY not a big deal. I've left the hose on with mine for 30 min or so while trying to diagnose a no start issue. A small amount if water will eventually push past the impeller and go where it is supposed to -- into your exhaust manifolds and then out the exhaust and into your driveway.
  • Like 2

<br /><br />It is ABSOLUTELY not a big deal. I've left the hose on with mine for 30 min or so while trying to diagnose a no start issue. A small amount if water will eventually push past the impeller and go where it is supposed to -- into your exhaust manifolds and then out the exhaust and into your driveway.

I usually leave the water on until i see it coming out the exhaust ports before I fire it up. Figure all areas are full of water that way before starting,

• Like 1

Having used a Fake-a-Lake for a season, I will not use one in the future. My 08 would hold at 160 for a minute and then start climbing. My water pressure is good so that wasn't the issue. Maybe the seal was not perfect but for me it was just too much risk to run, especially since I rarely had an assistant when flushing. I spent $200 on a perko flush pro and transom mount and never looked back. Some of the best money I ever spent on my old boat.

For flushing, you guys with v-drives have the right idea, but if you're not concerned with flushing the v-drive cooler, just disconnect the output hose from the v-drive and shove the garden hose down there. It's already oriented perfectly to accommodate this.