Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tracking fin gone

footndale

That sucks. I'd seal the mount holes, put some water in the bilge and see if it leaks out around the area.

Is your river really high right now too? Went out on the WI this weekend and it was borderline dangerous. Flow rates 4x normal and more debris than I've seen in a while.

Thought about coming over by you if the weather is decent this weekend, but not if the river is raging. Nokomis is 3ft high, so it'll be a while before it calms down over here. My brother had an island float into his bay last weekend. Yep, an island (well floating bog). 20 foot tall trees and all. Someone may have towed it back where it belonged in the darkness of night...

Step 1: Contact insurance to see if they will cover it. Mine did.

New tracking fin

Gel coat repair

Installation

Either repair or new prop

possibly bent shaft/new shaft

labor

That's gonna add up, unless you are planning on doing it all yourself.

That sucks. I'd seal the mount holes, put some water in the bilge and see if it leaks out around the area.

Is your river really high right now too? Went out on the WI this weekend and it was borderline dangerous. Flow rates 4x normal and more debris than I've seen in a while.

Thought about coming over by you if the weather is decent this weekend, but not if the river is raging. Nokomis is 3ft high, so it'll be a while before it calms down over here. My brother had an island float into his bay last weekend. Yep, an island (well floating bog). 20 foot tall trees and all. Someone may have towed it back where it belonged in the darkness of night...

I haven't been at the river for two weeks now, but the water gauge has doubled height in almost a week in New London. So there will be floating debris for sure.

It is a flowing. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/wi/nwis/uv/?site_no=04079000

Nasty, make sure you grind the gel down around the damage as there is probably some separation of the gel to the base glass where it tore off the fin & get all the water really well dried off before the repair begins.

• Like 2