Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

This is interesting

wakebrdr94

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but every surfing clip was shot as the boat was turning. I know it helps the wake, but you shouldn't NEED to do it.

My friends 99 Tige 21V requires a little turn as well for the wave to shape up properly.

I don't doubt that they are nice boats, but if you are going to spend that much on a boat for water sports, why not just get the real thing?

I never fully understood why people would spend 60k+ on Bryant, Chapperal, etc to get the same look with performance that pales in comparison to any inboard.

What has been getting me is the amount of Yamaha jet boat "wake boats" on my river lately. Mostly this one: http://www.yamahaboats.com/24-foot-boats/242-limited-s

Look at that MSRP!!! To me the best part about these is how the angle of the tower/tow point looks like a disaster. When the bimini is deployed the rope rakes all over the bimini.

I don't blame these manufacturers for trying to ride the water sports wave and capitalize on it. I blame the uninformed buyers who think they have the latest and greatest wake machine only to find out they have been had. Then again, most of the people who buy them are going to pull tubes anyway and they probably do that just fine.

Edited by Raimie
I don't doubt that they are nice boats, but if you are going to spend that much on a boat for water sports, why not just get the real thing?

I never fully understood why people would spend 60k+ on Bryant, Chapperal, etc to get the same look with performance that pales in comparison to any inboard.

I think it's what you use it for the most. My buddy has a 28' chaparral deck and it throws an awesome wake with no ballast. It drives nice, an cuts through chop better than any Malibu I've been on. We've taken it to Catalina for the day and it did great. Plus with his boat, there is something to be said for the layout and entertaining factor when we do the Christmas parade. We love our malibu's for what they are, but there are many things that are not good at, rough water being one of them Edited by wakebrdr94
I've hung out with Ben....good peoples. I think Bryant boats are awesome!

Same here. We hung out at Prater Flatts for his bachelor party. I picked his mind while I was drunk and he was really nice. From what I have seen and been told, the boat is looking for entry level wakesurf, good wakeboard wake, quality, while keep the all around usability of an I/O. The boat does not fulfill all my needs as a wakeboarder/surfer but it would be a great family boat. I could see myself owning one when I am older and less ninja than I am now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

What has been getting me is the amount of Yamaha jet boat "wake boats" on my river lately. Mostly this one: http://www.yamahaboats.com/24-foot-boats/242-limited-s

Look at that MSRP!!! To me the best part about these is how the angle of the tower/tow point looks like a disaster. When the bimini is deployed the rope rakes all over the bimini.

I don't blame these manufacturers for trying to ride the water sports wave and capitalize on it. I blame the uninformed buyers who think they have the latest and greatest wake machine only to find out they have been had. Then again, most of the people who buy them are going to pull tubes anyway and they probably do that just fine.

This was the boat i had prior to the 24 MXZ...we bought it to get on the water and find out what we really enjoyed. These boats are litterally jack of all trades master of none. Positives, they are quick, when empty, additional weight kills them fast. Even as a tube puller, it did not like a big tube with multiple teenagers. Jet drives do not have the bite a prop has. The tower is a joke, tons of flex, but the integrated leds were cool. They are also rediculously loud inside the cabin. Fit and finish is also complete crap. The other cool thing is there are no options with yamaha. If you want something different you have to get the other model. They are also super easy to drive forward or reverse. You could put one engine forward and one in reverse and almost spin on axis.

This will sum it up though. We had the yamaha for 2 years, it had 80 hours on it when i traded it. I have had the MXZ for 5 months it has 110 hours on it. We have taken a boat centric vacation this year. The only benefit the yamaha had was it was paid for, the MXZ is not.

The scary thing is here in AZ, there is NO Negotiation. You pay full msrp. The dealer has most of them sold before they hit the floor. When i bought mine, there was a guy in line right behind me who was going to buy it if i didn't......

Edited by DarkSide

I can answer that. It seems pretty difficult to find a similar quality inboard for the same price. $60k will buy a top of the line sterndrive. For $60k, you are in a couple year old inboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk