Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Koal powertail

DarkSide

That material is much more durable than the standard powertail eggshell,

Do you think it is any thicker than the 2014 style? The carbon thruster doesn't fit well in the stock swivel wake/surf rack

Here's a pic of how thin it is. It easily fit in the stock G3 swivel rack last night when we were out.

20140921_105627_zps97gftfb4.jpg

IXFE, it should. Just jump on the scale yourself and then again holding the board. That should get you pretty close.

Ok... I did this twice and both times I got 5.9 lbs. Mine is the 4'5" model with all three fins installed.

I rode the board last night for a quick sesh (it was getting dark). But it was enough to know that I LOVE IT! So light, so fast, so tossable, and so rigid! I have never tried a carbon board before, but I could definitely feel the difference. It felt like I got more out of every pump, every carve, etc. I honestly felt like I could do whatever I wanted without fear; recovery was easier than ever. Is it the carbon that makes it so responsive?

Here's the part I like best about the Power Tail (and this applies to the regular model too)... the shape of the nose is ingenious. You'd think the blunt nose would make pearling a problem. It actually is the opposite. For me it solved it! The shape allows the nose to go into the water and just muscle through it until it re-emerges.

I have definitely found my board for the foreseeable future. :-)

• Like 3
  • 6 months later...

What fin configuration are you using?

At the moment I have just the two small fins on the outside (no thruster fin). It's a little loose this way, but I like how it forces me to rely on my edges as come off the wave and start into a bottom turn.

At the moment I have just the two small fins on the outside (no thruster fin). It's a little loose this way, but I like how it forces me to rely on my edges as come off the wave and start into a bottom turn.

I'll start out with that, thanks.

I'll start out with that, thanks.

Best part about the board is it's just so rigid, and therefore responsive. I immediately noticed a difference over the regular power tail.

It's my first carbon board and I always figured out was a gimmick... now I know otherwise.

Edited by IXFE