Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What would you rather have (if anything)

RedOwl

It wasn't a dealer demo. I rode on a guys boat that thought he had dialed. This guy owned 7ish boards has been to polar bear and other surf events. The boat had a surf sack and lead on top of stock ballast. The wave was very similar to the vride wave we ride. Long and firm but not what I expected from a surf boat. I dunno maybe it was dialed maybe it wasn't. The guy has been around surfing though.

I looked at Centurion. I had been behind a 244 and knew it was more than capable, but could not get past the I interior quality, lack of freeboard and overall looks, hated the gladiator tower and it was gonna be tough to do a system in that boat to the caliber that I wanted. Wife HATED the lack of freeboard for small kids.

LOL, Ruff is complaining about TOO MUCH freeboard. Maybe the 244 is right up his alley? I've never been in a 244... how does the freeboard compare to a 2013 or earlier LSV? @ polar bear last year the LSV was definitely the boat with the least freeboard (compared to tige z3, z1, 22v, mb 23, and supreme 226).

It wasn't a dealer demo. I rode on a guys boat that thought he had dialed. This guy owned 7ish boards has been to polar bear and other surf events. The boat had a surf sack and lead on top of stock ballast. The wave was very similar to the vride wave we ride. Long and firm but not what I expected from a surf boat. I dunno maybe it was dialed maybe it wasn't. The guy has been around surfing though.

HH's boat? I'll say that the supreme was my least favorite wave. I thought the whole wave felt very close to the boat and the bow rise in the boat was kinda silly. But it was still a nicer wave than 95% of the ones I see on my lake.

HH's boat? I'll say that the supreme was my least favorite wave. I thought the whole wave felt very close to the boat and the bow rise in the boat was kinda silly. But it was still a nicer wave than 95% of the ones I see on my lake.

His name was Harold. That's all I know. The point is moot though, my wife made sure of that ! Lol

I would say the 244 has about the same freeboard as the 23 LSV, not new ... but pre 2014.

The difference for her was the 244 has higher seat bases giving it the feeling that the little ones would just topple over the gunnels. I'm not tall an the seat backs hit me right under the shoulder blades and it just feels awkward. In the 23 lsv you are just sitting lower, so it feels safer.

IXFE you haven't ridden with us yet. Just saying you need to see BSs wave.

B is right, I'm goofy. With that said, I acknowledge that I've never surfed truly "dialed" listed wave. I've only seen the vids... BS's wave looks great, but I was mostly mesmerized by his surfing... so light on his feet, so athletic. I hope to get there.

I'm confident you would get a '12 LSV dialed into something redic... not unlike B's 247 is what I imagine. If it fits in the garage and the wife already loves the insides, seems like a no-brainer. Plus, aren't there tons of pre SG 23's on the market as folks upgrade? My buddy has a 2010 23 LSV with LS3. I know he'd LOVE a SG boat... not sure if he's shopping though. Do you like black & yellow? I can ask him.

I'm up for a sesh if we can squeeze it in before it gets too cold. Remember, I'm boatless at the moment. That is, if your boats can even make a goofy wave... not sure how y'all are setup. I've heard Brandon's boat only goes one way. Sux for me, but I bet my wife would love it (she's regular).

Sure anytime. I have seen a really good goofy wave from BSs boat but not totally sure we can replicate it?

As far as centurions go, I think they are about the ugliest boat on the market. Then there's Tige (wife says no) and supreme which I really like but wife says no. So it will be a 23 LSV. I'm not sure that the SAN 236 will fit in the garage (too tall).

I spent all summer dialing or trying to dial my 14 LSV wave in. I got a good wave nothing spectacular. Noticed my fuel bill was a lot higher also. My 11 LSV had a incredible wave, but was running 2400 lbs above stock. Bags had to be on the seat and floor. Less motor(409) and less fuel cost than my 14. Surf gate is only worth it for the convenience. And i guess for trying those transfer tricks. I have never gotten to see or ride a 247 wave dialed, I would bet there is none better! Seen a A24 wave, not much better if at all than the 14 LSV wave. It was slightly longer. Ragboy put some kind of transfer pump system in their tige, to switch sides in under 4 minutes. Do this to a 2012 247, with some Enzo type bags, and that would be the bomb!

• Like 1

I spent all summer dialing or trying to dial my 14 LSV wave in. I got a good wave nothing spectacular. Noticed my fuel bill was a lot higher also. My 11 LSV had a incredible wave, but was running 2400 lbs above stock. Bags had to be on the seat and floor. Less motor(409) and less fuel cost than my 14. Surf gate is only worth it for the convenience. And i guess for trying those transfer tricks. I have never gotten to see or ride a 247 wave dialed, I would bet there is none better! Seen a A24 wave, not much better if at all than the 14 LSV wave. It was slightly longer. Ragboy put some kind of transfer pump system in their tige, to switch sides in under 4 minutes. Do this to a 2012 247, with some Enzo type bags, and that would be the bomb!

More wisdom here!

Sure anytime. I have seen a really good goofy wave from BSs boat but not totally sure we can replicate it?

Of course you can silly. You just haven't spent any time doing it because none of you ride on the correct side. :tease1: It's a Malibu, goofy side is EASY.

• Like 3

http://wake9.com/polar-bear-2013/recap.php

Hmmmm, seemed like the LSV did very well at polar bear. If you read the reviews many people said it was their fav?

Why are you guys trying to convince me I need a Supreme, Tige, Centurion again? :lol:

I'd just point out the consistent statement that the boat was slammed to the point of water coming over the rear sundeck corner on the regular side (it was the "slammed-est" by far at the event if that's measured by amount of freeboard remaining).

It was a really NICE boat and the best all rounder there. The wave was smaller (height wise) than any of the other boats there (on the goofy side), and yet the boat was weighted to a degree that my wife would never drive it that way. I know that you run more weight in your vride than we were comfortable with too, so that may be less of a consideration for your family than it is for mine. For me, if I want a wave as good as that '12 LSV's, I need to have a hull with more freeboard so there's still a margin of error (same comment goes for Tige Z1 and Tige 22v.... holy cow did they feel "low" in the rollers).

Even though the surf wake was not my favorite, the boat would be near the top of my list from a value perspective, especially considering the wakeboard wake, which is really good (and better by a mile than the other "surf" boats there).

Was weighted 1100+400 under port seats (for reg riders only)+500 in lead+factory if memory serves.

If you know it's what you want, you won't be disappointed with it.

Water coming over the sun pad? That's normal Malibu ;)

Funny my wife would never drive that supreme call it bow rise or freeboard I dunno. She just wouldn't do it period, and it was the only "surf" boat I would want. I liked it.

The part that cracks me up is the people that say the LSV isn't a surf boat yet how many people said it was their fav/ longest wave etc? as far as height goes, if you like height take weight from the bow and move it back. After reading the polar bear reviews I'm more convinced then ever.

Edited by Lance B. Johnson

Wait a second now, In my 2011 LSV put an1100 in the locker, 750 on the starboard back seat, 400 on the floor in the starboard corner, wedge all the way down, full factory ballast, 11.8 to 12 mph. Never had water over the swim pad. Barely above the rub rail.felt as safe as my 14. Made a way nicer wave than my buddies tige z3. He has some kind of Enzo sac on the starboard side. The port side on my 11 was never as good as starboard.

• Like 1

Anyone ever traditionally list/weight a 2014 or 2015 LSV? What were the results?

I am sure it would be great. I have heard that the SG flap interferes with the listed wave so you would have to remove that.

Wait a second now, In my 2011 LSV put an1100 in the locker, 750 on the starboard back seat, 400 on the floor in the starboard corner, wedge all the way down, full factory ballast, 11.8 to 12 mph. Never had water over the swim pad. Barely above the rub rail.felt as safe as my 14. Made a way nicer wave than my buddies tige z3. He has some kind of Enzo sac on the starboard side. The port side on my 11 was never as good as starboard.

Music to my ears. You've got me stoked about this purchase. :thumbup: