Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

liquid force Shane Bonifay vs hyperlite parks

ACE

I’m planning on demoing a board and I can't decide if I should demo a Bonifay or parks board. Does any one have either one of these boards?

I’m planning on demoing a board and I can't decide if I should demo a Bonifay or parks board. Does any one have either one of these boards?

You may also want to check out the CWB Absolute Platinum which also has a big 3 stage rocker and gives you tons of pop.

You may also want to check out the CWB Absolute Platinum which also has a big 3 stage rocker and gives you tons of pop.

I second that ... i had an 05 parks, sold it, bought a Absolute Platinum and love it.

I second that ... i had an 05 parks, sold it, bought a Absolute Platinum and love it.

When I was in the market for a new board I was down to the Parks and Absolute Platinum and am defintiely happy with my choice of the CWB. It has great pop and can hold an edge really well. Plus, CWB customer service has been excellent. I had been riding my original absolute platinum for a while and when I landed a really big raley out in the flats it cracked in the middle. I sent them pictures of it via email and they sent me out a new board free of charge and even sent an extra reinforced version they give to their team riders that is a bit heavier but unlikely to break even with big impacts.

Hey! Me too. I have had a bunch of boards. I have an 04 Parks that I was riding, and have also ridden an 05 Parks. I now ride an Absolute, and a Marius. I don't even touch the Parks, or a couple of my other boards. I have ridden the Watson board, but not the Shane yet.

Don't limit yourself to one brand. They all make nice boards. It is all personal preference. Try several and get the one you really like.

Good luck

I can't comment on the CWB, but I have an o5 parks 138 (I think) and its awesome!!! It has more pop then any board I have ever ridden and it spins so amazingly on the water. I have ridden the 143 (parks 04) many times and its not nearly as good as the shorter board!

I just got back from Ride The Spot with Darin Shapiro. I took my 05 byerly down and he said it was one of the two worst boards to have. The other was the Parks. He had me ride mine, an 06 Parks, then an 06 Liquid Force Team. BY FAR the best was the Team. He said three stage rocker does give good pop, but you are fighting the water flow when riding. His expination was to think of a rocking chair. I'll try to explain the best way I can think of. A three stage rocker is like this \___/, obviously not that much but hopefully you get the idea. So when on a three stage, the water is pushing on the 1st stage of the rocker to the 2nd stage or the bottom rocker, causing teurbolance or drag. Now on a continous rocker, there is not drag so the board will feel smoother and your landings will be much nicer. That's my 50 cent.

I had an '03 Parks 133. It was too unpredictable and inconsistent for me. I switched to a '05 Hyperlite 3DS which is a blend between a continuous rocker and a 3-stage. Much more consistent and versatile board. I'm still getting the height and landing in the flats more consistenly. Though, I wish it were lighter.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, lots of CWB fans, huh? Anyways, you guys have to remember that it is all preference. Obviously you can't say a 3-stage rocker is better than a continuous rocker. If that was a FACT then nobody would make a 3 stage rocker. It all comes down to opinion and riding styles. It doesn't surprise me that Darin Shaprio wouldn't like the way a Byerly board rides. Have you looked at their riding styles? Their approaches to the wake? They are completly different riders, and probably desire different types of features on their boards. If there was a "perfect board design" out there, then all the wakeboards would look exactly the same, and all of the Wakeboard companies wouldn't have to tweak and modify their boards every year. But, there isn't. Everyone likes different things, so that is why it is so important to try out as many boards as possible.

Also, I know the wakeboard companies are cringing right now, but never buy a Wakeboard based on price or based on whose pro model it is. Think about this. Lots (not all) of Pro Riders get to design a board specifically for them. A board that fits their riding style. How many of you guys actually ride just like them? If you did, ride like them, then maybe you'd be the one designing a pro model. Thats just something to think about. I used to ride for Liquid Force back in the day, and I was able to ride whatever board I chose. After riding everything, I ended up going with their budget board! I loved it. So be very open-minded when trying out wakeboards.

For me personally, I don't ride much anymore, but when I do I ride the Liquid Force Litmus 136. It is just a very smooth well-rounded board that is very predictable. For me, bindings are much more important than your board. I prefer the Ultra Suctions. I have tried out the top bindings offerings from another big company (I won't say who), and there was no comparison. I haven't tried every company out there's bindings, but I've tried several, and nothing has come close to Liquid Force for my foot. I prefer the Ultras, because I don't like all of the gimicky stuff on the new bindings. I like a nice fitting, comfortable, simple binding. But thats just me.

Edited by Mike McLin