Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Oil Change

Gregg Prez

When draining the oil in our 2011 LSV, I put the hose through the hull like the mechanic and the manual says. The problem is the oil drains extremely slow. Is this normal? Yes the oil is warm.... which brings me to the next question. When the boat is hooked up to the fake lake should water be coming out by the drive shaft? I just took the boat out two days ago and everything was fine so my guess is yes?

Thanks!

Thanks!

GP

You can buy a pump to drain the oil faster but I'm with oldjeep, let it drain and go watch a movie or just go to bed.

As to the water out the drive shaft..... do you mean coming out through the hull?

Edited by WakingMeHappy

If you have a water-cooled shaft seal, then water is diverted from the hose running from the raw water pump to the transmission cooler (clear hose on my boat) over to the shaft seal.

So, yes, it is normal for water to come out around the drive shaft.

As far as oil change, I prefer to use a pump with the extractor hose snaked into that same hose you're running through the hull. If warm, it takes me ten minutes or so to empty the

engine oil, and its all contained in the extractor pump housing. I take the whole thing over to the nearest auto parts store and dump it out. Pretty simple.

I take the cap off and crack the dip stick. I a also dump about a half a quart of fresh oil with everything open to flush out that last little bit of used oil. Not sure if that does anything but it makes me feel better.

• Like 1