Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cheap reverseible impeller pumps

Levi900RR

300 GPH is too slow. At $85, their $/gallon/minute is slightly more expensive than the $200 pump from Wakemakers.

I'd want the 720 GPH pump. That's ~100lbs per minute.

Edited by flapjack

There are a few off-brand things that, for the prcedifference, seem worth the risk. I noticed these a couple years ago when I was building my system. The time they spent drawing the hoses in the ad should be a sign of the quality product. I could be wrong but my gut says absolute junk.

What i can figure the guy is making double what he sells them for if he buys them from harbor freight. Less his e-bay fee plus estimated $10.00 shipping. He has sold 57 so he has made close to $1,800.

This does not include his extensive photoshop / MS Paint bill from his graphic artist. So once you factor that in he is -$23,200 in the hole.

What i can figure the guy is making double what he sells them for if he buys them from harbor freight. Less his e-bay fee plus estimated $10.00 shipping. He has sold 57 so he has made close to $1,800.

This does not include his extensive photoshop / MS Paint bill from his graphic artist. So once you factor that in he is -$23,200 in the hole.

Because there is a sucker born every minute... there is a huge business in this type of grey market activity on ebay. For a long time there were folks basically re-selling Amazon Prime purchases for a small markup and having them direct shipped until Amazon cracked down on it! Markup a hard-drive by $5, sell it with free shipping, non Amazon-prime customer buys it on Ebay, saves a few dollars over shipping, grey market seller makes $5 for basically doing nothing... and so it goes.

when you look at a POS like that.... or some of these cheapie underwater LEDs and other crap, you gotta ask yourself, Do I trust this item to keep my boat afloat, unsupervised, 3-4 years from now, overnight in the water during July 4th weekend?

Literally, once plumbed in, it is required to keep your boat afloat.

I have one of the harbor freight pumps. It is a sliding vane design. Very very cheaply made. But for 30 it made for a fun project.

What did you build?

I was thinking about setting one up on my lift so I could wash my docks...

Edited by Levi900RR