Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

maherajah model 2001 question

Bawbe B

I just picked up a circa 1985 Maja 2001. I can't find any company literature or much else on the web about this ski. There is a lot about the 360 etc, but not the 2001. Can anyone help me out?

Bought it from the original owner who HAD to have one after using the same madel at a ski school as a kid. Used it 4 or 5 times and then put in the bag. Probably hasn't come out of the bag for 25 years. Fibreglass and graphite.

I'm going to give it a try and then mount it on the wall.

The yellow nub, circa 1980s....perhaps it was to mount a 45 pound Go-Pro prototype.....or was there a waterproof version of the Sony Walkman back then.

Awesome looking ski Bawbe....both then and now....a great find.

I have 3 Mahas (classics). The yellow nub is what stops the front binding from sliding all the way forward and off the steel tabs and ski (replaced by full binding plates in skis now). That is to say, if the ski came with front adjustable size bindings via this sliding plate feature...not all Mahas did.

I had to take them off when pulling off all the hardware to refinish one of them.

If you really zoom in on the pics REHinH2O posted above, you can see how the adjustable plate system works on it.

post-5643-0-11458300-1410378764_thumb.jp

post-5643-0-60758900-1410378773_thumb.jp

Edited by DIE2SURF

Time to put the laquer on this one. Will go up on the wall when I'm done. I still need to burn the Maherajah writing back into the ski where it has either started to fade or wear down. The wording is actually painted on with a thick paint. I am going to burn it into the wood via a hand solderer before laquer.

post-5643-0-90591700-1410378856_thumb.jp

Edited by DIE2SURF

Thanks for posting the pictures.

I also have the matching bag for the ski.

Die2surf.. My neighbor has a Maha just like yours, while I have one I think is a little older. It doesn't have the rubber tip protection. Beautiful wood. I think the Maherajah just ahead of the binding is actually burned on. Branded.