Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

91 Malibu Euro F3 drivers seat slide/swivel? Calling on Smoothwaterman

Malibu Jordy

Anyone ever tried this? Can point me in the right direction, or is it a no go? Ive read about guys trying it on late 90s Bu's but nothing for the square window club. Can Smoothwaterman shed some light? A bracket possibly??

Thanks in advance

Check your clearance from the driver seat back to the gunwale. On my Echelon there is not much room. If I were to make it swivel it would hit within a few degrees. As a test you could remove the bottom cushion and unbolt the seat, then swivel it by hand and see if it would be worth pursuing.

Ive already popped the seat out because my sliders wouldnt slide (rusted) and I need to replace them. I understand as the seat sits (no pun intended) it would be useless to have a swivel mount. What I had in mind is a double slide setup so I could slide forwards and backwards as well as side to side (ie. towards the ski pylon). Ive read similar threads-guys doing it with their 99 VLX's etc and apparantly Smoothwaterman fabricates these setups. Thanks for the reply.

Maybe I'm not understanding, my 90 Euro F3 Captains seat slides and swivels... don't they all? Love mine, can turn 90 degrees at least...! Enlighten me if I'm misunderstanding...?

Maybe I'm not understanding, my 90 Euro F3 Captains seat slides and swivels... don't they all? Love mine, can turn 90 degrees at least...! Enlighten me if I'm misunderstanding...?

Mine doesnt swivel. It has slide tracks and up until recently was a slider seat, but does not swivel. Is yours a 195 skier? If so, then maybe a po installed a swivel. I havent seen one around these parts that does swivel, but please... some pictures of yours would be awesome. I know room isnt really available for good pics but even a description of what you have on top of your base would be awesome!

I'm not able to do pictures, but will describe as best I can... And mine is a 201 Euro F3 Sunsetter, so maybe that is part of the difference?

The seat base has a nob on the right hand side of the seat that is a "tightener" style nob that allows you to adjust the forward/backward movement. Under the front of the seat is a "lever" that allows you to swivel the seat in a circular fashion. My assumption is that the seat would swivel all the way around but the seat back hits the gunwale at some point... Make sense? Hope that helps!

(think I've seen this style seat base at the big marine supply chains...)

• Like 1

I figured pictures would be out of the question. This does make sense, but Im thinking that unless I can get my seat away from the gunwale via a slide or something similar Ill be disappointed with the result. To make it swivel in its current location, Id be lucky to make it 15 degrees. Thanks for the help, Calimali2.