Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New To Me - 98 Sportster LX!

BFresh

Hello all,

This is my first boat. I grew up on I/O's like four winns and glastrons but have started to really like inboards. We had it out today just getting used to driving it and docking it. I've been learning a lot on these forums over the last month or so with all the boats I've gone to see, but this is the one I ended up with.

boat1.jpg

The Sportster fits in my garage!

boat2.jpg

Thanks all!

Hey question for ya: is there a o-ring on your gas cap?? Thanks!

Yes, there is an o-ring that is bottomed out on the plastic gas cap's threads. It is a bit dry-rotted and could be replaced now that you had me look at mine, why?

Congrats and welcome!

I swear one of our crew members just traded that one in….

You are correct!

Thanks all!

Yes, there is an o-ring that is bottomed out on the plastic gas cap's threads. It is a bit dry-rotted and could be replaced now that you had me look at mine, why?

Cause mine is missing apparently!! Now to find a replacement :).

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks! My first month with it has been great! I was able to get out a handful of times and haven't had any issues. I've been learning quite a bit and have done a decent amount of small maintenance projects on it. Sadly, I have begun to winterize it since the forecast is looking pretty gloomy in MI.