Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A better cooler for a 04 lsv

Termi1

So my cooler box isn't insulated at all. I am not sure if the boat originally came with soft sided coolers and the under seat was just a hold for them. Has anyone done any insulating to make it an actual cooler.

The AO Stow in Go is made to fit under the seat behind the driver.

http://www.aocoolers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=165&ParentCat=15

Or a while back there was a few of the OEM Malibu coolers available on Ebay. Their not nearly as durable & don't keep things cold as long, but if you don't fill them with ice, they do last longer. Any soft cooler does. Freeze your bottled water, use those ice packs. Or put your ice in a gallon zip lock. Then don't thru your crushed cans & bottle caps back in the cooler. This keeps the liner from getting cut & water soaking into the liner & getting moldy.

Gotta use bigger ice. I toss in a few frozen gallon water jugs and push them up under the side. Then I fill it up like a regular cooler and the regular ice lasts longer and drains to the bilge. The gallons last all day or longer and I have plenty of extra cold water to drink when all the good stuff is gone.

I put drinks in the bottom of the cooler along with about 10-15 pounds of ice and then use the factory cooler bag on top which acts as an insulator. I store my dry foods that need to be kept cool in the soft sided cooler. Has worked well for me. Drinks stay cold, sandwiches and other stuff stays dry.