Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2006 Malibu cruise control

bankshk

http://www.dropbox.com/s/7vjmtl058qtkoki/Screenshot%202014-09-07%2018.59.45.png?dl=0

My screen still works but the buttons have stopped working so all i have is Speed and RPM.

I'm fine with that, however, i never got round to using the cruise control function on the boat. Bakes has quoted me $375 for a new display module. Is it worth me spending on a new screen so i can access the cruise control function on the boat?? (i'm an intermediate wakeboarder and quite often has novice drivers on the boat)

or should i forget about a new screen and buy a perfect pass solution? i know this is a way better system, but will i be satisfied with the malibu cruise control and save $600+

thanks.

You should totally replace it. Cruise Control makes all the difference in the world. Is it an absolute must? No... but if you have a nice boat why not make sure everything in it works. Utilize the features it has to offer. Cruise control is going to keep your wake consistent while riding, so it is absolutely worth it!

The Malibu cruise control works perfectly, so I would not go the perfect pass route.

I think by and large, they have been very reliable, in fact, I think this is one of the first failures I have heard of. Most anyone who buys your boat in the future would think you jacked it up by paying $1200 for perfect pass.

I agree with the above, the stock cruise is really good. However, I will say I had a pixel line go out on mine under warranty, so problems are existent even if they are few and far between.

Malibu Cruise can also be upgraded to GPS. I got to spend a couple days with it and it's pretty good. I still prefer my PP Stargazer in most aspects but I wouldn't swap an existing cruise system for PP.