Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Mirror clamp issues and mod

casey on allatoona

This swivel clamp is driving me crazy. I have to constantly center it up. I've put AT&T washers in the space but can't seem to create enough bite/pressure. See picture. Any suggestions short of replacing?

Thanks!

HHPtMpG.jpg

Just for kicks, try a washer with the star teeth on the inside. Also try putting the washer in the bottom gap instead of the top. The cantilever arm will try to compress it more on the bottom than the top.

Do you move it a lot?

Thanks. I have a star washer in there now. Initial post spell checked it wrong. I so have on top so will try moving it down to the bottom. I never move it except to center back up every 10 minutes. The grooves built into the clamp are worn out but like you said maybe the star washer on the bottom might help too.

If you don't ever move it, consider removing the handle and replacing it with a bolt. A socket head cap screw would look nice enough.

You could put the correct Allen wrench in the glove box just in case you did want to move it.